Changing voice binds

Hi there you guys!
I'll go straight to the point: some of my friends can't speak English, so the voice binds get kind of useless when playing with them. As you guys know, it's pretty hard to play online without the voice binds, so I want to translate them to our native language, but I can't seem to find the files where the phrases said are stored. I've tried two mods - fluxChat and voidsay, but neither worked (fluxChat even crashes the game whenever I try to use it). The game allows us to translate the "call" for the bind through the menu, but we can't change the phrase said.
Just in case I wasn't clear enough, I do not want to change the audio files, but the phrases that appear written on the hud when you call a command. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• They're stored in the .vl2 files.

Tribes/GameData/Base/voice.vl2

vl2 files are just .zip archives.
  • Thanks for your reply, teratos. But I've already explored all of the vl2 files, and I couldn't find the text files that relate to the voice binds in any of them. Unfortunately the voice.vl2 file contains only the .wav files, i.e., the voices themselves.
  • Oh, you can edit the text in game through the settings menu, or you can edit the copies you extract from a .vl2 file...

Tribes/GameData/Base/scripts.vl2
    -->scripts-->
    voiceBinds.cs
    cannedChatItems.cs

There are other files dealing with the chat system too, but those are probably the two you want to start with for your project.
  • It worked! Thank you very much, teratos! In fact, the voicebinds.cs file can be edited through the in-game menu, but the cannedchatitems.cs file, the phrases themselves, can not. But it can be changed with notepad ;D... Thanks again, problem solved!
  • Glad I could help. =)
  • lol, just use Tracer ECM.
  • Tracer ECM is a little bulky. If he just wants to make a modified pack for his friends, this is probably the best solution.
  • The mod is already completed, thanks to teratos' help. Tracer ECM was not adequate for my needs.
    lol, just use Tracer ECM.
    Tracer ECM is a little bulky. If he just wants to make a modified pack for his friends, this is probably the best solution.
    teratos, my friend... Don't feed the trolls... ;D