(ERROR) DEDICATED LAN SERVER allows online people to connect and play.

edited April 2009 in Server Support
This should NOT be!

What did you guys change in the server scripts?

Comments

• Check to make sure you don't have AlternateMasterPatch.vl2 or any other LAN-based authentication systems.
  • Lagg a crap calm down. You are whining about things and blaming the tribesnext creators. They didn't do this and it's the alternate master server crap. Seriously we will be happy to answer your questions but if you keep blaming someone else for this problems no one is going to want to help you.

Also you should be thanking the tribesnext creators they revived something we enjoy. Have a nice day.
  • This is not Lagg-Alot.
  • edited April 2009
    Check to make sure you don't have AlternateMasterPatch.vl2 or any other LAN-based authentication systems.

Don't have AlternateMasterPatch.vl2, and I never heard of it. And I would never use it if I did.

You know MorABalls is right I should be greatful.

But you know something else. If you want to make changes to the GAME make a mod folder and leave BASE alone. For all the other MODDERs out in the world. Everytime you cange something it runs the risk of destroying something in someones elses MOD.

BASE should never be touched.
  • Check to make sure you don't have AlternateMasterPatch.vl2 or any other LAN-based authentication systems.

Don't have AlternateMasterPatch.vl2, and I never heard of it. And I would never use it if I did.

You know MorABalls is right I should be greatful.

But you know something else. If you want to make changes to the GAME make a mod folder and leave BASE alone. For all the other MODDERs out in the world. Everytime you cange something it runs the risk of destroying something in someones elses MOD.

BASE should never be touched.
    If we did that, then you'd only be able to do all the TribesNext stuff if you ran the mod. That means you couldn't run any other mod, etc, without moving the files in with the TribesNext stuff.

The only thing TribesNext changes is a few vital functions for it to work. There are no (and will probably never be) any gameplay modifications.
  • This is not Lagg-Alot.
    That is obvious.
  • This is not Lagg-Alot.
    That is obvious.

Bummer, and I recently PM'ed him think he was Lagg-Allot :(