Unhandled Exception that left a clue?

Usually when we get the Unhandled Exception error it does not leave any clues.

But this time it did, on my server I get this echo error:

con::execute - 324300884 has no namespace: monitor

has anyone here ever seen this error before? or does any know where in the scripts this function lives so we can fix it?

Comments

• That's no script function. It's a space station internal engine function.
  • That's no script function. It's a space station internal engine function.

I got it again today: ZERO has no name space?

con::execute - 0 has no namespace: monitor

Is there anything we can do about this?

If I knew wht is means NAMESPACE? Than maybe there is something that can be changed at the script level to make sure that the NAMESPACE exists at all times.
  • I see the message in the Torque source but don't recall how that part of the system works. Torque has a namespace system to keep different scripts in different namespaces (so common names aren't ambiguous). I think "monitor" is the name of some script function that's getting executed, but the numeric "id" associated with it hasn't been registered in a namespace.

• Thank You ScratchMonkey for looking that up for me.

So basically the error is (if I understand this correctly) because the con:: was given a command to execute a function that did not have a name. I can see why it ended in a UE. But how did the Name of the Function get lost. Because the only way I know, to execute a function is to call it by name.

I was thinking that there was something wrong in my scripts. Like maybe the object I was trying to execute a command on was deleted or removed from the game while the function was being executed. But the error is saying that the Function got removed or Deleted while the Game Engine was trying to execute a commend on an object.

That is just plain weird. It will haunt me.
  • From what I saw, there's a Namespace module that holds something similar to C++ namespaces. The execute() C++ function allows a C++ function to invoke a script entry point by name. I think a "monitor" script function is getting invoked somewhere after its module is unloaded and its namespace removes that name. The name is still around but the code behind it is gone.

Look for some place where a "monitor" function gets scheduled for later execution, and its script module has a possibility of getting prematurely unloaded.