So...who supports this?

I searched for the thread with the same topic...but maybe my searching skills are off today.

I don't see any company name...any where on the site. Is this supported by garagegames now? did GG gain the rights to tribes again?

I know i heard that tribes 1 will be put on instant action. Anyway...not like it matters...just wondering who owns and supports this website/game.

Comments

• Various members of the tribes community support and maintain this game. Where Vivendi/Sierra/Dynamics/microsoft/mac/the US government went wrong, the hardcore underground software developers of the world will make right! And by hardcore software developers I'm talking about mother fucking Thyth and Krash. The ninja masters.
  • My understanding is that TN uses reverse engineering to patch the original T2 binaries, replacing lost functionality that required Sierra servers (ie. community functions, authentication, and server browsing).

Meanwhile, GG has re-acquired ownership of the entire Tribes franchise with all source code and resources, and has released Tribes 1 as a browser-based game. It's possible they'll do the same for T2.

http://blog.instantaction.com/2009/03/tribes-and-instantaction.html
  • Actually you're all wrong. I made this game with RPGMakerXP (all original graphics though!) and thought "Tribes 2" had a nice ring to it. Thank you for playing my game!
  • Actually you're all wrong. I made this game with RPGMakerXP (all original graphics though!) and thought "Tribes 2" had a nice ring to it. Thank you for playing my game!

Hmmmm, so you just named it a sequel? That's clever marketing!
  • It's almost a Lucas-esque style of marketing.

The game just needed more religion and lightsabers and the force. Also a Death Star.

Hmmmm, so you just named it a sequel? That's clever marketing!

People would think it had a successful prequel, so it MUST be good, am I right?!