Is playtribes.com a threat

Recently I heard about this site playtribes.com they now own the Tribes Intellectual Property
If you google it it'll show up.
Here's the FAQ
http://blog.instantaction.com/2009/03/tribes-faq-and-more.html
It's not up yet but if these two communities fused together there could be epic matches, OR people would go on that site instead of this site because there's not as big a download, among other reasons.

Comments

• I sincerely doubt it. Till will tell...
  • Mark F of gg/ia knows about tn, I emailed him about it and that vu might be considering the sale of the tribes ip back before they bought it. You can be sure they know about everything that's going on, and I have heard nothing negative from Mark in regards to it.
  • That site is for T1. I don't think they've made a decision on what to do with T2, but I think they are leaning in the direction of supporting TribesNext.
  • Its a good direction. No threat. Playtribes is for T1, Tribesnext is for T2.

Garage Games owns Tribes IP now so maybe...just maybe in the future we may see a new Tribes game. But no worries with TribesNext.

I think GG is doing a lot of brainstorming these days because even a lot of the developers there had no idea about the IP purchase until the last minute. During that time they were developing Legions under the assumption they could not create a direct Tribes game. Now that they own the IP nobody really knows what they may do.
  • I'm guessing they (gg) will start the real masters up some day. Tn and the privately owned t1 masters will be secondary and tertiary adjuncts to the primary borg master servers. Glory to the Hive Queen.