MechSiege - Mech Combat Mod

edited June 2009 in Mods and Customization
All information on MechSiege can be found here for the time being:
http://wiki.radiantage.com/index.php?title=MechSiege

Download Link - v0.7.1 Beta
http://radiantage.com/downloads/MechSiege-0.7.1b-062909.rar

As promised, a status update. For the moment, I have part of the mod done, the Mech Lab configuration screen (F2) is complete.
mechlab3.jpg

More info and screenshots as more progress is made, as well as the first post being updated.

Comments

• Glad to see somebody working on this. It's a cool ass mod!! robot.gif
  • I'm glad you think so. I'm not sure how accurate I can get, but I've finished up an alpha-quality version of the mod. I'll have a server up soon for testing and balancing.
  • I find it funny that around the time I start making mods that have centralized F2 Menu Functioning, everyone takes off with that idea.

Anyways, It looks good, I'll give it a go sometime.
  • I find it funny that around the time I start making mods that have centralized F2 Menu Functioning, everyone takes off with that idea.

Anyways, It looks good, I'll give it a go sometime.
    [me=Turkeh]pokes Phantom139 with a sharp pin and watches him fly around the room like in cartoons.[/me]

I'm pretty sure Keen got the idea for F2 menu integration from Metallic/Pulsar, if not by his own divinations. :P
  • I'm pretty sure Keen got the idea for F2 menu integration from Metallic/Pulsar, if not by his own divinations. :P
  • I like the idea, although I was never really into the mech games, although I would give it a try.
  • LAMS= Laser Anti Missile System. Its Clan made.

Bushwacker= IS mech, you cant fit LAMS.

change it to AMS.
  • This == Mechwarrior-inspired clone, not TC, I don't have to be 1:1 accurate :p

Also, Mech Lab - Alpha Tech server is now up for those who wish to test MechSiege and give feedback on gameplay and such. Any feedback is helpful, and if the mod is polished enough, I will do a beta release.
  • This == Mechwarrior-inspired clone, not TC, I don't have to be 1:1 accurate :p

Also, Mech Lab - Alpha Tech server is now up for those who wish to test MechSiege and give feedback on gameplay and such. Any feedback is helpful, and if the mod is polished enough, I will do a beta release.
    Can you leave the ordinary vehicles in? it would be funny if some jock bomber flies overhead and bombs your mech.

All the ordinary vehicles would add tons of fun to the mod.
  • I tried out the mod, and it was either one of my scripts or it was the mod, but my weapons kept switching between alpha, beta, and gamma. Alos, I think that it was cycling through my weapons, allowing me to shoot more than one type of weapon with one click of the mouse, without pressing pack, but other than that the mod is great in the alpha stages.
  • I tried out the mod, and it was either one of my scripts or it was the mod, but my weapons kept switching between alpha, beta, and gamma. Alos, I think that it was cycling through my weapons, allowing me to shoot more than one type of weapon with one click of the mouse, without pressing pack, but other than that the mod is great in the alpha stages.

Check to see if you have any low ammo scripts. Like HalLowAmmo, will switch you weapons at 0 ammo automatically. This script treats the firegroups as weapons possibly and will sitch between them thinking they have no ammo. I had trouble with this script in several mods so I just got rid of it.
  • I'm going to release a beta version, there's one bug I know of (the one with the ammo for each slot showing as 0) but other than that, feel free to host and play and test!

Download Link - v0.7.1 Beta
    http://radiantage.com/downloads/MechSiege-0.7.1b-062909.rar
  • I've tested the mod and the only problem i can find is that i can't exit the Mech, only way to do it is to use ctrl-k.
  • I think it is supposed to be like that. When you buy a mech and the configuration you chose for it you have to stick it out till the end. Its like that in the MD2 mechs so I guess its no different here.
  • That's going to be a problem when trying to capture the flag. I guess someone has to go by foot to capture the flag while the Mechs cover him.
  • Well, yes it is designed that way, since the main premise is Mech vs Mech combat. I suppose I should handle CTF a little better though.
  • I've been able to grab the flag as a mech. Just grab a roadrunner scout mech, grab, and run.
  • I'll look into that bug, thanks for the heads up. Any suggestions or server hosts for the mod are welcome!
  • Has this mod died? >:(
  • Nope, just needs a server host.
  • :o

Someone host.