ugh cant get it to work

okay so I have an actual game disc I got when I bought the game and then found out they shut the servers down. I've installed the game, and then the patch and get the not a win32 screen. I tried chaging the bat file to tribes2.exe and it shows the comand prompt after it asks me if I want to allow. Then after a bit it just stops. I check the task manager and it says the tribes2.exe is in the proceses, but no consent.exe. I tried doing the install with a torrent file as well that didnt work. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game and patch like 3 or 4 times and I dont know what to do to fix it, can anyone help?

Comments

• edited May 2009
    I have checked the faqs to see what the problem was, It didnt help me any. I am running on vista if that helps any.

Okay so I thought it might be that I'm using a non patched game, because it is from the disc and thats why I was getting the corrupted tribes2.exe file. I just got the update patch and tried to update, but said it couldnt open the file c:\dynamix\tribes2\gamedata\base\trfinal093-server.vl2 I dunno if this helps but this is where I'm currently at.

okay tried another update and it worked, but when I tried to get the online patch from this site, it gives me the not a win32 thing again...
  • Make sure you are upgrading to patch 25034, and that you're running the patch programs as administrator.
  • Make sure to type slowly, and use proper punctuation, so we can actually understand the contents of your posts.

It sounds like you're trying to apply the TribesNext patch to an older version of Tribes 2 than 25034, but I can't tell for sure in the mess of run-on sentences.
  • okay, I did try that as one option, but I meant the update patch to get the version to 25034 is what I used. Then I did the tribesnext patch, which led me to getting another this is not a valid win32 error. I have to run it as an admin because this is the only profile I have.
  • Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?
  • I suggest downloading a copy of the game from our site, and applying the TribesNext patch to that.
  • just finished getting the torrent done and installed the patch from this site. Now its saying the not a valid win32 thing again.
  • Can you provide an exact error message?
  • okay, I'm starting to think it might be the patch itself that is defective or something. I can play solo and lan just fine without the patch, but the minute I install the patch and try to run the game, I get a this is not a valid win32 application or something like that. As from the previous posts, I have tried a lot of different approaches to this, but they have all met with the same fate. Anyone have any ideas on how to help?
  • This is happening to me as well. I have the disk of the game and have tried to patch it with tribes next but it never works. I have tried several times with different mirrors with the already updated game. I am in the process of using the bittorrent but it's probably going to screw up. With me it seems to the patch thats faulty because before I install the patch the lan and solo works fine but after I install it I get the win32 error even with the solo. >:(
  • If you are not at version 25034 before running the TribesNext update, you will corrupt the Tribes 2 executable. Thousands of people have applied and run the patch on the correct version of the game without issue.

If you are installing from a CD, you are NOT going to be at 25034.