Also having trouble creating an account/logging in on existing account

Hey guys and thanks so much for bringing this awesome game back online!

I was happily playing it for some time (recently, the TN version) but just a couple of days ago, I found the unfortunate need to reformat the HD and reinstall my windows.

Now, I am having trouble logging on to my existing account or trying to generate a new one. My original account was much older than 7 days, if that information is of any importance.

The responses I receive from the client are "Credential download failed. Check your username/password." when trying to log in with the account info that I was certain was correct.

Also when trying to generate a new account, "The server address has not yet been retrieved. Please close this window and try again in a molment."

I have changed my machine to DMZ behind the router, and also made sure that the windows firewall is not on. There is no other antivirus or antispyware type program that I have installed on this machine. I followed the download instructions carefully, using the first linked torrent on the tribes next website, checking the version, adding the patch as well.

Seemed to work fine for me before but now I am having trouble... any suggestions? I love this game and would love to play it again ^_^

- Grizzam

Comments

• hey man im having the same problem but i think its the main server that keeps it up or somethin, i think its just down temporarily(hope so).
  • same problem here cant log in or generate a new one
  • Shitty :(

had to reformat b/c I somehow ended up with a trojan aimed at my eve-online client (which is somewhat unusual but not unheard of I guess, game isn't as popular as WoW or what have you).

As soon as I reported that my account had been compromised, I gave the time and what happened, and the standard procedure for Eve's parent company is to ban the account. Hopefully it will be unbanned...

Now, my tribes next isn't working. arg and i'm too scared to go to TPB anymore and get another game and possibly another bug.

AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY MINESWEEPER WTF!?!?!? lol j/k

yeah hope it comes back up soon, I have all this week off before my new job starts, and I really didn't want to spend it battling trojans and account bans :'(
  • its been only a few minutes without playing tribes..........IM GOIN NUTS!! i really hope they fix the problem
  • Last interruption in the account server was for about 5 minutes, on the 7th of September.

Read the FAQ if you can't connect to it. from thyth
  • I got the can not login error as well. No system changes.

I thought it might be my password and retyped it several times. Left the remember pw box checked. Now im not sure i remember my pw.

also cant create a new account. Says there is a problem found. Any suggestions ?
  • Hey guys and thanks so much for bringing this awesome game back online!

I was happily playing it for some time (recently, the TN version) but just a couple of days ago, I found the unfortunate need to reformat the HD and reinstall my windows.

Now, I am having trouble logging on to my existing account or trying to generate a new one. My original account was much older than 7 days, if that information is of any importance.

The responses I receive from the client are "Credential download failed. Check your username/password." when trying to log in with the account info that I was certain was correct.

Also when trying to generate a new account, "The server address has not yet been retrieved. Please close this window and try again in a molment."

I have changed my machine to DMZ behind the router, and also made sure that the windows firewall is not on. There is no other antivirus or antispyware type program that I have installed on this machine. I followed the download instructions carefully, using the first linked torrent on the tribes next website, checking the version, adding the patch as well.

Seemed to work fine for me before but now I am having trouble... any suggestions? I love this game and would love to play it again ^_^

- Grizzam
    its been past 7 days and nothing worked
  • The only error you will receive from the authentication server if you attempt to register within 7 days of your last account creation is, "The Authentication Server understood your request, but chose not to fulfill it.", which you will receive only on submitting a registration.

If you are unable to connect to the authentication server, please refer to the FAQ.