The Best MA'er.. ***POLL ADDED***

***POLL ADDED....PLEASE VOTE :)***

ok, so after reading the nominee's from our community members i thought to put them on a poll and see what teh public thinks.. i know i may not have YOUR specific choice but i think i put up some good nominations. VOTE OR DIE!

P.S - i didnt want to put up like 10 people or we wouldnt get a good result, so i stuck to 4 only.

Comments

• Everyone always seemed to say it was Flyersfan back in the day, but I'm pretty sure it was me. I have yet to see anyone (ever) who has impressed me with MA abilities better than what I had in the 2002-2006 era.

Not to toot my own horn or anything - I'm trying to be as objective as possible.
  • sorry i forgot to mention not to nominate yourself.
  • AnarchyAO on his own server in Duel MOD.
    It was a few months or more ago and every other disk he fired at me in mid air hit me.
    Also, there was this Juggernaut(or w/e its spelled like) in GH awhile back, he was amazing too. To also throw in DyS_LeXiC is the best I've seen in Lak.
    Gotta remember I haven't played to long so I don't remember any Vets. :D
  • sorry i forgot to mention not to nominate yourself.
    Well, for me to nominate anyone else would be lying. I literally haven't seen anyone able to MA as well as I used to back in the day. It's almost a shame that I can't do it nearly as well anymore, but I've found other skills to fill in the gaps.

But, if I have to, I pick Nevares. I also pick him for pretty much every other "best _____ ever" thread, save a few. Just for future reference.
  • edited October 2009
    Monk of Death
    !

edit* i do remember Kryand being really good. he was like dueling a TFarena or uK guy
  • edited October 2009
    I'd say Nevares, HeXy, or envy.

p.s. Kryand was a TG legend 8)
  • I used to OWN things up in the duel servers back in teh day with MA and throwing nades. that was soo fun. Now I'm not nearly as good as I used to be... which takes the some of the fun out of playing now. :D but i still like to play every now n then. There's lots of talent still around!

I miss the tournament matches and shoutcasts, team practices and voice chats .. i am keeping my eye out for my next game. First it was Half-Life DM, then Tribes2. My skill was as good as it ever was gonna be, but those days are over... just an old vet that gets no respect and was kicked by AnarchAO the other day for starting a vote on a map...
  • AnarchyAO on his own server in Duel MOD.
    It was a few months or more ago and every other disk he fired at me in mid air hit me.
    Also, there was this Juggernaut(or w/e its spelled like) in GH awhile back, he was amazing too. To also throw in DyS_LeXiC is the best I've seen in Lak.
    Gotta remember I haven't played to long so I don't remember any Vets. :D

No offense to your ability but a good player seems even better if the person they're fighting isn't good at dodging MA's. If you don't move in the air then I can hit a lot of MA's, and this goes for pretty much any decent tribes player.
  • I've seen you hit better MAs on better people too in Duel MOD. So it wasn't only me. Yes I eat quite alot of MA's though >
  • The problem with Distorter is he can't really do anything at all other than hit shots on people who don't dodge. That's literally the only thing in the game that he can do. I will admit he pretty much doesn't ever miss if his opponents always fly in straight lines.
  • I was god.

http://digitallyevolved.net/img/uploaded/b34018608aa736f86693dafee2dc4ac2.jpg

Nuff said.

Anybody even have the old MDTW mod? I really wish it had been updated when all mods broke :( I miss it a lot.
  • The problem with Distorter is he can't really do anything at all other than hit shots on people who don't dodge. That's literally the only thing in the game that he can do. I will admit he pretty much doesn't ever miss if his opponents always fly in straight lines.

i wouldnt count him short.. ive known distorter for a long long time, and i was going to mention him also as one of the best. he's won lak rabbit games just using plasma and grendade launcher only.. i mean, he's a top notch player i think, and actually has a good quality most tribesmen dont have...class
  • I was god.

Nuff said.

Anybody even have the old MDTW mod? I really wish it had been updated when all mods broke :( I miss it a lot.

oh and btw, are you being serious cause what you say and what i see in the pic are 2 totally different things...

i wouldnt count him short.. ive known distorter for a long long time, and i was going to mention him also as one of the best. he's won lak rabbit games just using plasma and grendade launcher only.. i mean, he's a top notch player i think, and actually has a good quality most tribesmen dont have...class
    There's a huge difference between a Lak player and a good player. I wouldn't mind seeing him if someone tried to teach him how to play other mods that don't revolve around hitting people who fly in straight lines, but he absolutely refuses to play anything but Lak or TG, so it probably won't happen.
  • Everyone always seemed to say it was Flyersfan back in the day, but I'm pretty sure it was me. I have yet to see anyone (ever) who has impressed me with MA abilities better than what I had in the 2002-2006 era.

Not to toot my own horn or anything - I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

Wow. You really don't get it do you? If you're so good, why were you the only one to nominate you? lol. I think it's time you stepped back and re-evaluated your skill level, because you obviously think it to be much higher than everyone else does.

As for best MAer, hmmmm, I would have to agree with L|H on that one. AnarchyAo is a step above the rest as far as hit/miss ratio is concerned when MAing.
  • edited October 2009
    Everyone always seemed to say it was Flyersfan back in the day, but I'm pretty sure it was me. I have yet to see anyone (ever) who has impressed me with MA abilities better than what I had in the 2002-2006 era.

Wow. You really don't get it do you? If you're so good, why were you the only one to nominate you? lol. I think it's time you stepped back and re-evaluated your skill level, because you obviously think it to be much higher than everyone else does.

As for best MAer, hmmmm, I would have to agree with L|H on that one. AnarchyAo is a step above the rest as far as hit/miss ratio is concerned when MAing.

If you want a truly objective opinion on Kryand then here it is...he was really good at MA'ing with the spinfusor, and I believe he'd double MA people in TG multiple times in a row for the win, because that happens to many people. If you're good, and you're on and you're playing TG you can and will double MA people into oblivion and have your entire side switch just to be able to fight. At one point or another, Kryand's done it, I've done it, and so have many other people.

In duel Kryand was also really good at disc MA's but he's always been more of a defensive player in his playstyle, this limits his ability to use his good aim because if he were an aggressive player he'd be closer and be able to MA with much greater ease.

So, my objective opinion (lol, if it even matters). Kryand was really good at MA'ing and because he was defensive he was hard to counter MA. Was he the best? Not even close. When it mattered Kryand didn't seem to use the chaingun or the rifle very much, and so he was never recruited into any (what I'd consider) really successful, competitive tribes.

Edit: to anyone who thinks I shouldn't be talking when I was never in any good tribes, bad point. I'm being "objective," and as such subjective information like my history shouldn't factor into what I'm saying. But, for argument's sake, I never cared about joining any good tribes. I'm a loner.

If you want a truly objective opinion on Kryand then here it is...he was really good at MA'ing with the spinfusor, and I believe he'd double MA people in TG multiple times in a row for the win, because that happens to many people. If you're good, and you're on and you're playing TG you can and will double MA people into oblivion and have your entire side switch just to be able to fight. At one point or another, Kryand's done it, I've done it, and so have many other people.

In duel Kryand was also really good at disc MA's but he's always been more of a defensive player in his playstyle, this limits his ability to use his good aim because if he were an aggressive player he'd be closer and be able to MA with much greater ease.

So, my objective opinion (lol, if it even matters). Kryand was really good at MA'ing and because he was defensive he was hard to counter MA. Was he the best? Not even close. When it mattered Kryand didn't seem to use the chaingun or the rifle very much, and so he was never recruited into any (what I'd consider) really successful, competitive tribes.

Edit: to anyone who thinks I shouldn't be talking when I was never in any good tribes, bad point. I'm being "objective," and as such subjective information like my history shouldn't factor into what I'm saying. But, for argument's sake, I never cared about joining any good tribes. I'm a loner.

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE GREAT BLUETIGER SO SOON?
  • Wow. You really don't get it do you? If you're so good, why were you the only one to nominate you? lol. I think it's time you stepped back and re-evaluated your skill level, because you obviously think it to be much higher than everyone else does.
    Can you read? Other people did mention me. On top of that, no one I played with back in 2002-2004 still plays Tribes 2, so they aren't around to nominate me. That is an incredibly simple thing to figure out, but I'm not surprised you weren't able to connect the dots.

AnarchyAo is half right about me, but he didn't play with me back in the day either. We didn't play together until he was on my TG team in the second rendition of TG (or third). The CG and laser thing was also a phase during the time he knew me (well after my prime). The bigger reason I was never on good teams is a) I didn't post much on forums, b) I didn't hang out in T1 IRC, c) I almost never pubbed CTF; so good teams didn't hear of me. Oh yeah and d) I was happy with the teams I was on.
  • Kryand i have to disagree with you on the fact you said distorter isnt good at anything but Lak rabbit... he does play lak rabbit a lot but thats just because he enjoys that mod style. He does play a lot of other mods as well.. ive seen him a lot in arena and duel mods ranking #1 almost always. and its unfair to say that he's ONLY good at lak rabbit. I'm not saying he's the best, but i think he's in the top 5..for sure
  • I think fOsho beats all these guys being represented. He would whip any of these guys asses in his prime with ma's.
  • f0sho is probably one of the best arena players i played with, but distorter was easily, and I mean EASILY the best lak player I ever played with. He would come in to tacos, someone would have 1000 points, and he would beat them to 1500. It was simply amazing.
  • Distorter was the best and is the best. Book closed.
  • Distorter was the best and is the best. Book closed.

ya fosh0 was quite good i forgot to mention him.. but i agree with uballos.. distorter still top 5
  • I was god.

Nuff said.

oh and btw, are you being serious cause what you say and what i see in the pic are 2 totally different things...

Naw, I was only really good in that mod. I played base a bit, held my own, but most of the time I was picked off by snipers. Just stirring the flame pot I guess, I apologize lol
  • Gotta love how 95% of this thread has Arena players posting and Arena players being named Top MA'ers. I agree with The Policeman, Distorter dominates in Duel MOD(He doesn't stay long but he stomped everyone I've seen him go against). He also smashes in Arena always being in the Top 2.

EDIT:
    @MrTrip: Kryand was right, those stats are nothing. Anyone in this thread will show you how its done. No offense buddy.
  • On top of that, no one I played with back in 2002-2004 still plays Tribes 2, so they aren't around to nominate me

And so because you claim your opinion is always, and without exception, irreputable fact, we're supposed to just believe your dick-waving.
  • So you want to know who is the best MA'er around currently? The problem with answering this question relating to the past, as AnarchAO pointed out to me, is that the bets changed over time. This is a completely valid point. The best today most likely wasn't the best 3 years ago. I haven't seen Distorter on lately, but I would probably still vote for him. I usually only play arena, and of the ppl who play constantly, it's a tough call. There is a fine line in determining someone is actually better than someone else. Decidedly deciphering an actual "best ma'er" is probably impossible.
  • On top of that, no one I played with back in 2002-2004 still plays Tribes 2, so they aren't around to nominate me

And so because you claim your opinion is always, and without exception, irreputable fact, we're supposed to just believe your dick-waving.
    Have you ever contributed anything to a discussion in your entire life? Pretty much every thing you say is just to bitch about something.

Have you ever contributed anything to a discussion in your entire life? Pretty much every thing you say is just to bitch about something.

And everything you say is just to assert that your opinion is fact, regardless of any contradictory evidence that you may come across.

Have you ever actually listened to someone other than your e-penis in your entire life?
  • And everything you say is just to assert that your opinion is fact, regardless of any contradictory evidence that you may come across.

Have you ever actually listened to someone other than your e-penis in your entire life?
    The fact that I respond to people and address their concerns is proof that I listen to them, consider their opinion, etc. I have to consider them before I can determine that they're wrong; did you ever think of that? Furthermore, best MAer is not an opinion as it was laid out by the thread creator. He specifically mentioned consistency. MAs/time, MAs/shots fired, etc are all measurable, objective quantities. Most people posting in this thread are posting with their observations of those quantities, not their opinions. My observation is that I had better values for the above quantities that anyone I've ever seen in 9 years playing the game. People who didn't see me back then say they observed someone else as having the best values. We (as a whole) don't know who is right, mainly because there is no evidence in this thread at all - even though you seemed to imply that there was.

In short, you are only here to bitch as you always do whenever I post anything. It's not relevant, it's not helpful, it's just annoying.

Back on topic: I will say that if you only count present day, Distorter is the best at hitting MAs right now. Counting the past, though, he is definitely not. Just to name a few who were better in their day: Orange, Evil Mushroom, Nevares, Kryand, Flyersfan. Also it looks strange seeing f0sho in this poll. He's good, but I always saw him as a lite version of Zwei Inferno.
This discussion has been closed.