Requirements?

Hey guys, this may seem like a retarded question but what specs do i need to run this game? i played along time ago under the name Ricta (was mainly an arena player). I lost my disk even tho i have the box for it lol.. but was wondering if anyone figured out how to run this game on a Mac system? if so enlighten me! Otherwise i need to make a new pc since lastnight i broke my linux machine.

Comments

• You can use Crossover Games on Mac if you use the old RC1e patch (you'll just need somebody using RC2 to create an account for you).
  • Were can i get this patch? Also how do i find someone to make me this account? =S You don't mean an account for the game because i can still roughly remember my 2 accounts i had, unless there gone and i need a new one?
  • The Wine/Crossover compatible RC1e patch can be downloaded from: http://www.tribesnext.com/files/TribesNext_rc1e.exe

You will need to create a new account in game -- though as Turkeh mentioned above, you need RC2 to actually create an account (or have someone else do it for you).
  • edited April 2010
    Awesome thanks, in what order do i download and install? And how do find someone that uses this to make me an account? I know someone who plays right now but he doesn't have a clue what that is, he thought i was trying to install hm2 -.-

Edit: I did some forum searching and found out how to do it lol. So this patch works on Mac OS X?
  • Tribes 2 (typically from the GameSpy installer), then the TribesNext patch.
    It should work on Mac OS X if you run it under crossover/wine...

Hop on the in-game IRC or use Mibbit and join the IRC channel (irc.arloria.net / #tribes) and somebody there can help you (if you're patient).