Help please

edited June 2010 in Support
When i start the Game and it comes up with a conole box it goes black and the second it goes black it goes to UNHANDLED EXECPTION the numbers are below,

could you please help me i want to play Tribes again reall bad :( i am useing windows 7
i have went to the Unhandled execption in the FAQ and i could not find anything about a DSO Deleter or DSO files in my Folder

Unhandled execption: c0000005
At Adress: 00000000

Please Reply asap thank you i want to play Tribes i have reinstalled and every thing.

Comments

• Hi Here is a dso cleaner:
    [code]// #autoload
    // #name = cleanDSO
    // #version = 1.0
    // #date = December 21, 2001
    // #author = Paul Tousignant
    // #warrior = UberGuy (FT)
    // #email = uberguy@skyreach.cas.nwu.edu
    // #web = http://scripts.tribalwar.com/uberguy
    // #description = Remove all your *.dso files every time you exit T2.
    // #status = beta

package noDso {

function quit() {

%cnt = 0;
    %tmpObj = new ScriptObject() {};
    for(%file = findFirstFile("*.dso"); %file !$= ""; %file = findNextFile("*.dso")) {
    %tmpObj.file[%cnt++] = %file;
    }
    for (%i=0; %i
  • you may have to open each gamdata/base folder and manualy delete all dso files found first
  • Finding a dso-cleaner seems a pretty frequent request. I someone willing to put a list of all known ones in the FAQ if I collect them from all the forum and all links and pm them?
  • Unhandled Execptions (also known as UEs) are an unfortunate reality of T2 and have plagued players since it first hit the shelves. Everyone has UEs; no one can stop them. Multiple (but failed) attempts to solve the problem were undertaken by both Sierra and coder demi-gods: we just all have to live with them.

However, you *can* cut down on UEs by:

-Tweaking your video settings and making sure that your drivers are up-to-date.

-If you have a high packet loss and/or slow connection, you will have more UEs; either find a better connex and/or stop your torrents/auto-updaters. Some firewalls + settings add to the problem too.

-Shut down as many background programs that run in the background of T2; sometimes they interfere with T2 functions (i.e, sound, video, network bandwidth).

-Don't overload on scripts: some are helpful, some not. But remember that most are written by amateur (unpaid) scripters who do so as a hobby only: there are lots of poorly-written codes out there, so its important to remember that when downloading large, junk scripts. Stick with the more well-used scripts rather than the obscure ones. Caveat Emptor.

-Failing that, you will need to do what we've all had to do: uninstall T2 and do a clean reinstall. Replace your scripts slowly and singly so that you can find out which one(s) are adding to the instability of T2 and causing your UEs.

Hope that helps.

--Vain
  • also, dont look at tanks

if you see a tank, go to a part of the map that doesnt have tanks!

lol this sounds funny because it is, but its also true
  • also, dont look at tanks

if you see a tank, go to a part of the map that doesnt have tanks!

lol this sounds funny because it is, but its also true

Actually, I found that to be true too. Whenever I'm in or near a tank, there's an increased chance of UEs. They may also be associated with mortars or "splash" damage, as I've gotten plenty of UEs from mortar explosions and the shock-cannon in Renegades mod.

Also, certain maps tend to give more UEs than others, such as Damnation (among many others).

To bad we can't (or should I say we don't have the accessibility to) fix all the UEs. We can only hope someone makes an open-source clone of T2 some day. There's plenty of game engines out there like that, just few are willing to undertake such a difficult feat. Hope and wait, or learn to program really well... that's all we can do.
  • yep

whats worst is when multiple idiots are running around in tanks and you see them all at the same time

your chances for a ue are very good at that point
  • Go here: http://www.tribaloutpost.com/tribes2/scripts/category/utilities/page:2 and scroll to the bottom of the page and try downloading and running the "Clean DSO" and "DSO Killer". Also, you may want to try setting your taskbar to autohide. I know it sounds goofy but I had to do this to get T2 to work correctly in Vista.
  • Finding a dso-cleaner seems a pretty frequent request. I someone willing to put a list of all known ones in the FAQ if I collect them from all the forum and all links and pm them?
    See the FAQs for a list of DSO removal options.
  • See the FAQs for a list of DSO removal options.

Hail Turkeh! ;):D

And here's the Linux part of that, when you have the chance: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=1679