Server-Side Commander Map Disabling?

Hello, is there a way (completely server-side) to disable the commander map? I've looked through, all (probably) of the functions and I can't seem to find anything that would let me disable it on the client's side without actually making it client-side. I know how to get around this problem if it isn't possible, but here's hoping. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comments

• Y remove the command map?
  • Well, I was going to make a space kinda mission :P. I know I could make really high up or really low down, but why if i can disable the commander map (get rid of the UE possibility).
  • just dont put any terrain on the map, and put a huge ass kill-trigger below the playing field.
  • Er, that's not the problem. I can do that easily, but when you hit the commander map bind, instant UE.
  • The easiest fix would probably be to put in a terrainblock and just making the bases really high up.
  • Yeah, I figured. Well, it was worth a shot anyway :P
  • I don't think you can control access to the control circuit in a way that would stop a UE via the server side. While you can knock the client out of the control circuit by faking certain events (like getting mounted on a vehicle, getting killed, and a few other event types), I don't think you can do it quickly enough.

The client does send an RPC when entering commander mode, but, by the time a server side script would receive it and issue one of the command map deactivation notifications, the code that runs the terrain draw would probably have run.

If you wanted to disable it for tactical reasons, you could do that.
  • ...until someone hacked around it.

People actually put forth that much effort for a 9 year old game.
  • The server could refuse to give you commander scope, making it mostly useless, but certainly.