Unhandled Exception

Hi all. Just got back into T2
I keep getting this and it's been so long I forgot how to fix it. Anyone else get this problem and get it fixed?
Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Hi
    Delete all dso files and try again.
  • Hi Blakhart!
    What are they and how do I do that? :-\
  • You find dso files in most any gamedata/base folder, run amock inside the base folder and delete dsos willy nilly. As to what dsos are, no one really knows! Well, dso files are code compiled by the game from the various scripts in scripts.vol and elsewhere. If you make a change in game such as changing your resolution and the game crashes before you want to exit, you likely have "corrupt" dso files. The trouble with dso files is the game ignores scripts and uses what dsos it finds, so if the dso is fooched the game just goes ahead and runs the fooched dso rather than making a new one or running from the script. You can delete dsos by hand or use a script. I use a script. Many people want to get the game running without issue and then leave the dso files as that may lead to a measure of stability over deleting all dso files at the end of the game as the dso scripts do, but what happens when the game crashes? Then you have to go and delete the dsos by hand or at least run the script. If the game ues and you have a dso script installed, you should restart the game, log in, then immediately exit the game so the dso cleaner gets them all and you can then restart fresh with hopefully good dsos. Anyway, on to the point:
    http://tribes.m-parsons.com/Scripts/UberGuy/cleanDSO.zip
  • I happy for you and Imma let you finish... but shouldn't this be in the support thread?
  • Completely and utterly off topic... but same Shockwave that played meltdown2 almost daily back when t2 was still going strong and later moved to Battlefield2?
  • I might be but I moved to BF1942. I played regularly on the modded servers.
  • Try playing on 16-bit mode. That cut down the numbers of UE's for me and several others.
  • Dont ues just suck?
  • Completely and utterly off topic... but same Shockwave that played meltdown2 almost daily back when t2 was still going strong and later moved to Battlefield2?
    No thats me, back in action.
  • Dont ues just suck?

Not really.

I was jumping for joy when I got my first UE when Tribesnext launched.

It was...such a beautiful moment.

*cries silently*
  • edited October 2010
    Try playing on 16-bit mode. That cut down the numbers of UE's for me and several others.

I tried in 16-bit mode and no luck, I too am getting these unhandled exceptions to the point of not being able to even start a game. Oh and deleting DSO files doesn't do anything to solve this problem.

Oh and Hi everybody. ;D
  • no wai its santa
  • Try setting resolution on the desktop to 800x600, starting the game, then changing the game res to whatever native resolution is, then change desktop back.