Hi, Should i play Tribes Ascend

edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Hi,

I like Tribes 2 but as a european its quite hard to find a game as it seems like goon haven is the only server with the people, it seems like ascend is the only option, is it fun like Tribes 2? Im planning to buy a new laptop to play it on 60 fps highest hopefully (current on can't play it).

Runite.

Comments

• Hi,

I like Tribes 2 but as a european its quite hard to find a game as it seems like goon haven is the only server with the people, it seems like ascend is the only option, is it fun like Tribes 2? Im planning to buy a new laptop to play it on 60 fps highest hopefully (current on can't play it).

Runite.

I don't really like it because of how much the game changed from T2 -> Ascend (from information I've gotten from people), so I guess I'm just one that prefers the old way. But as far as how well it plays and whatnot, I can't provide much for that there (yay Linux!)
  • Yes. Please do play. I love Tribes Ascend. Although, it'll never be as good as Tribes 2, I still love it. It's the best attempt to stay true to Tribes 2 that has been tried yet. Even one of the head guys at Hi_Rez plays Tribes 2 to get ideas/player advice. I'd at least try it if I were you. I for one, love it!
    -rJay
  • I personally hate T:A. It just doesn't gives you the freedom and the variety of choices T2 does, the gameplay is much less team oriented and the vehicles are bad, too, +restricted. In fact, pretty much everything is restricted in T:A as a commercial attempt, unlike T2. Even though, T:A is free to try, so why not do it?
  • I just switched from Ascend today, so I can't say much on the comparing side.

I'll try to list a few things.

+GFX
    +Regular Updates
    +Variety of gamemodes

-So buggy it should have never gotten out of beta
    -Poorly optimized, only the best computers can play on highest with good fps
    -Community that whines about things that don't matter
    -Some weapons are considered unbalanced