No Response Connection Failed IRC Server Error

After creating a new account using the RSA 1024 encryption, I clicked the join tab. After 4 server names came up, I got the "No Response Connection Failed. The IRC Server did not respond" error message". Does anyone know what this is supposed to mean?

Comments

• IRC was used by the original master system to deliver Chat, T-Mail, and Browser functionality. That code should be disabled, since we don't have the equivalent system in place yet.

You should be able to safely ignore that.
  • As a temporary fix, you can disable the error message so you will never get the popup.

Extract ChatGui.cs from scripts.vl2 and change the line
    IRCClient::notify(IDIRC_ERR_TIMEOUT);
    to
    // IRCClient::notify(IDIRC_ERR_TIMEOUT);

Copy the new ChatGui.cs to GameData/base/scripts and delete GameData/base/scripts/ChatGui.cs.dso.
  • I will try this. I was getting the popup for irc failed to connect while I was playiing online during the game. It would popup every 1 minute or so. Not fun while carrying a flag. Hope it fixes things.
  • As a temporary fix, you can disable the error message so you will never get the popup.

Extract ChatGui.cs from scripts.vl2 and change the line
    IRCClient::notify(IDIRC_ERR_TIMEOUT);
    to
    // IRCClient::notify(IDIRC_ERR_TIMEOUT);

Copy the new ChatGui.cs to GameData/base/scripts and delete GameData/base/scripts/ChatGui.cs.dso.

I didn't have the exact line of code mentioned - and I also didn't have a previous chatGui.cs.dso file to replace. I used the weaker encryption when making an account so I don't know if that matters - i doubt it. this issue is plaguing my gameplay. I only have the Panama Jack all-in-one script pack loaded and it sounds like many others here do too. This is a game related issue. Any solutions other than the one mentioned above?
  • PJ's can cause issues.
  • is there any other way to remove this?? I am also having this problem and it's very annoying when flying vehicles or grabbing flag.
  • I'm using PJ's all in one and Faramir's all in one packs, and only rarely get the connection error... error. And it only happens on the server screen just as I've logged in. After maybe once, the error doesn't ever appear again. Never seen it in game.