Out of pure curiosity, will the game ever purely die?

Hi everybody. Not sure if any of you here remember me, but my user name in the game used to be Deadsoldier, I wish I remembered my ORIGINAL account, but maybe perhaps Thyth/Electricutioner would have access to the old username accounts on the server, or whoever is incharge for that matter.

Anyway, the last time I played T2, I had been playing more often than not on the classic servers. If I remember correctly, the classic servers were: "Tribes 2 Classic" Or something of the sort, unfortunately it doesn't look like they are around anymore, and we used to play with at least 20-30 people, averaging high school to college or above. But I have not yet downloaded the game again, but was wondering if the "Servers" on the upper side of the website has an accurate reading of all the servers currently being hosted, because I don't want to download the game to find out that the classic servers that people played on roughly a year or two ago, doesn't exist anymore.

I am long out of the construction modding zone, and even construction servers in general, though I have been around for many many years (10) I have seen the rapid birth and lack of constructers now. And I am sad to say, even though this game has had a lot of memory behind it, we could have probably still been playing with over a hundred people if the servers hadn't shut down. I'm sure others' have thought about creating a master server, and there are quite a few out there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi, the server that currently gets the most players is a classic called Snap Crackle Pub. You can usualy find at least some players there, with more in the evenings.
  • Hi, the server that currently gets the most players is a classic called Snap Crackle Pub. You can usualy find at least some players there, with more in the evenings.

That's pretty much the only server anymore. Also, I remember you DeadSoldier; I was DarkDragonDX.
  • Deadsoldier! I wondered what happened to ya. I never did finish that skyscraper haha. Instead, I'm finishing it on Minecraft. I'm banned on Snap Crackle Pub, so don't look for me on there. I'm usually on BioMod or Triumph or The Construct. :)

rJay
  • hi dark soldier, I too am banned on SCP, you may remember STAR and I, if that helps jog your memory any :D

starinhabitant on tribes ascend and I am forced to play it now, thanks to sashimisticane and heat and those who run the SCP server cronies, like branzone and the pedofile crew there
  • hi dark soldier, I too am banned on SCP, you may remember STAR and I, if that helps jog your memory any :D

starinhabitant on tribes ascend and I am forced to play it now, thanks to sashimisticane and heat and those who run the SCP server cronies, like branzone and the pedofile crew there

"like branzone and the pedofile crew there"....

See this is the sort of crap you go on with Earth. You have no clue how to relate to people you may disagree with. You get all antsy, feel like a victim and then carry on like a sulking child. People tire of that crap and simply do not want to hear it and you end up banned.

Do I agree with tanks being disabled on Stack? Not really but it is not a game breaker for me. Do I agree with Mortar Turrets being disabled? Yeah I kind of do as they don't really add anything to the pub experience. Either way I am not going to get all personal about it for it is what it is. What about the map cycle? Well it is not my server so they are entitled to do what they want.

Now If I complain and someone insults me am I going to get all upset and start calling people pedophiles or what not? Nope, what would that achieve? You just cannot seem to let things go and have to always get uppity and then you get even more uppity when you end up banned. Then in most of your posts you just cannot seem to help appending it with "oh I am a victim and have been hard done by." Are you a grown man or still in high school?
  • Deadsoldier! I wondered what happened to ya. I never did finish that skyscraper haha. Instead, I'm finishing it on Minecraft. I'm banned on Snap Crackle Pub, so don't look for me on there. I'm usually on BioMod or Triumph or The Construct. :)

rJay

You got yourself banned with a holier than though attitude. Very similar to Earth. The statement on TWL where you told the new hosts that the forums should be deleted was an awful thing to do. The stupidity on those forums was conducted by a loud mouthed minority but you had to suggest throwing the baby out with the bath water. Not to mention it appears you were a relative new comer to T2 and it seems rather arrogant of you to act in the way you did.
  • It's 'holier than thou', and on the other stuff: I made mistakes, I could have been more mature, but I stand by my view. And no, it really isn't that much of a loud minority as far as the TWL community goes. You are who you hang with, and I'm just generally not the type to stand by and let high drug addicts trample and bully people. This new idea that started in the early 2000s that what you say online doesn't affect anyone is the highest level of bs I've ever heard. The Tribes 2 TWL forums was a crap hole, and nothing less. The TWL Administration's decision to shut it down wasn't based on my beliefs or whims. They would have found some other reason to shut them down. I do not take responsibility for their actions. As for Earth and his antics, I have nothing to do with him so please do not group me in with his immature rabble.

I'm 19 years old, and really, I'm moving on from Tribes 2 and moving on with my life. I'm a very happy person, and I don't need a 13 year old game that's played by 25-35 year olds that wish they were still 18 to make me happy. I have a happy life, and life is good to me. I don't need drugs to do so, and just because I stated that doesn't mean I was 'holier' than anyone. That people that are supposedly adults that care enough about my immature antics to the point of creating a hate website, banning me, and joining the server before I was banned trying to pick a fight, going to any and all lengths including but not limited to editing screenshots and source code to show I said things I didn't, and trying to 'prove' that I'm a pedophile, shows their true colors.

The only reason I'm writing this is because right now, I've got nothing better to do. I really don't care as much as it sounds in this post. >shrugs< I'm just talkin'.

Regardless, I'm truly sorry about hurting anyone, and Heat... I'm sorry that I trampled on his grace. He put up with a lot of crap from me, and I trampled on that. :/ I see that now.

And you, Jack, honestly, why did you reply here? What do you hope to gain from this? That I'll learn a life-lesson? Look man, I was greeting Deadsoldier. That was all. I really care not about all of the drunken riff raff Tribes 2 has become. The truth is, scumbags don't wanna hear that they are scumbags. Bullies don't wanna be called out on their bullying. That's why I was banned. I was foolish. I thought for a time if I became like them, I'd fit in. Then I realized compromising my beliefs and core values to 'fit in' wasn't right. So I'd rather be banned than fit in any day. Sami-FIN was one of the only reasons I played SCP, and he now plays Tribes: Ascend. So I have no reason to want to be unbanned. I still Admin BIOmod. I still am present on other servers. But I have no real desire to be unbanned on SCP. If I ever am, cool. If not, I don't care.

So Jack, in closing, no, I wasn't trying to be arrogant. I may have been, but it wasn't on purpose. I asked the Admin of TWL privately if his decision was because of me, and he told me no, his decision had and has nothing to do with me. So please, stop clogging the TribesNext forums with leftover bitterness towards a kid about a 13 year old computer game. Seriously.
  • JBT, you may have not got the pedofile memo...let me know if you want a copy of the report...not talking about the false reports made up by the scp admins and crew
  • FYI for anyone reading this bad thread, come play on SCP. It is usually pretty fun and the admins are pretty good (they just leave everyone alone).

I would like to say after being an admin on Goon Haven for all those years and paying for the server / running it for awhile that I don't miss it. We tried to make GH welcoming for guys like rjay and earth, but this is what you get. One got our forums deleted (rjay) and the other (earth) showed up a month late and cycled between showing terrible judgement (e.g.: trying to get money from players & trying to get username/password combos) to going to 5000 word textwall rages. Overall I am glad I participated in supporting GH, but I wouldn't do it again given guys like earth. For rjay's part, I think he was like a kid crying wolf and not really realizing the consequences. Once he did though, it was too late and he was forever blacklisted already.
  • Locking this up for obvious reasons. Consider this discussion closed :). Good day to everyone!
This discussion has been closed.