Classic Bots v1.3.69
Latest version: 1.3.699 - 10 February, 2023
This bot pack was mainly designed for playing CTF and Siege with bots on Classic 1.5.2. Most of the effort was put towards CTF, however, this mod includes LAK Bots and supports many other default gametypes. These bots were built upon Lagg's V5 bots, so a lot of credits go to him for starting it all. Changes after 2009 are made by me, Roboto. This bot mod includes an awesome, but completely optional feature to enable RPG elements.
DOWNLOAD LINK :
The file is attached to this post and always updated when a new version appears. You can download it from one of the links below. I have also included Lagg's original v5 scripts from which this mod started as well as two of his unmodified siege maps, in case you do not want to use my modifications or you're simply curious about the old code. Though I must warn you, they will have bugs and you must fix them yourself.
Link 1, Link 2
- Updating: The only way to update is to delete your ENTIRE 'ClassicBots' folder and replace it with the newly downloaded one. Sorry, to ensure the best compatibility, you will have to redo your server preferences from scratch. But you should backup (and later copy them back) your old 'rpg_save' folder and 'ClassicBots\prefs\MapRecords.cs' file from the ClassicBots folder if you want to keep the saved player stats and records on the server.
- Prerequisites: Make sure that you have the following map packs installed: DynamixFinalPack, S5maps, S8maps, TWL-MapPack, TWL2-MapPack. These are required. Place the .vl2 files in your 'GameData\Base' folder to install them.
- Hosting an online server: If you wanna host an online server, I STRONGLY recommend reading the file 'Server_And_Bot_Preferences.txt' from the folder 'ClassicBots_Readme'.
Now, moving on to the install instructions:
1. Put everything from the 'Tribes2InstallFolder' to your Tribes 2 install folder and OVERWRITE files when asked. For example, the 'GameData' folder from here should overwrite the 'GameData' folder that you have.
2. PLAY by using the 'ClassicBots_Offline/Online' .bat file! That's it.
If you wanna hear bots use random sounds from the game or text chat randomly, or use sounds from the Osiris voice pack, read the file 'Server_And_Bot_Preferences.txt' from the folder 'ClassicBots_Readme'.
- Bots change numbers depending on the map, this is active by default.
- I recommend always using odd numbers for the bot numbers, like 7, 15, 29, etc. This is not necessary, but it will make the bot balancing feature better.
- Don't play with more than 32 bots on Siege, the game will crash when switching sides.
- Don't install custom mods/scripts that may interfere with this mod or else the mod won't work as intended.
- Open the 'ClassicBots_Readme' folder for a full list of features, credits, tips, and bot settings.
Download links for the required map packs:
AllCompMapPackS8.zip. Unzip then place in GameData\Base.
DynamixFinalPack.vl2. Place in GameData\Base.
PlayT2 Map Packs. Contains all the maps above plus the DMP map pack.
Download links for the voicepacks, place them in GameData\Base:
The Osiris and Muted! voicepacks combined.
Osiris voice pack only.
Changes since 1.3.69
-Modified some objective weights, bots will deploy stuff a bit less and instead move around more
-Some tiny bug fixes