T2 EU community is not using TribesNext

edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Well... I just found out that the EU players don't use tribes next (they use alternatemasterserver.vl2 or something like that instead). This results in them not being abel to play at TN servers and also it seems to be impossible to play with the TN patch installed at theyr servers.

They refuse to use TN because it's too opend for cheating (Skin is brightly coloured, so you can't miss the item; Aimbots; No fog). The .vl2 they use suports defense turrent (a anti cheat program) so they stick with it.

Anyway... if your from Europe you schould go to http://www.t2revival.nl/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18 for the EU T2 forum and/or join #t2.eu @ QuakeNet in IRC
There are quite some ppl there (all veterans it seems to me). They have alot of pick-up games and also are organizing a tournament (I don't know any details abou it... just that it's not the first they have :D)

Also: This like fucking sucks! Like the total community wouldnt be too small anyway... now we have to split it into two! ARGH!

Comments

• why did u put f********* u can type fuck
  • Did he bleep out sucks?
  • he learned his lesson ;D
  • They refuse to use TN because it's too opend for cheating (Skin is brightly coloured, so you can't miss the item; Aimbots; No fog). The .vl2 they use suports defense turrent (a anti cheat program) so they stick with it.

Not true.
    Look here: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=244.msg1971#msg1971

Maybe dt is a point for some but not the reason we stick with altmasterserver for now.
  • I only heard about the "no DT suport/easy to cheat" problem.

I just made the topic to direct new players from EU to the other EU ppl. The time difference makes it rather hard to take part of the pick-ups and tournaments here. Joining a US tribe seems to be impossible as well.
  • Then, welcome aboard m8. :P
  • Ok, so the only reason that TN isn't used in Europe is that this client doesn't support linux.

Anyone can tell me when it will change? Any estimated time?
  • Ok, so the only reason that TN isn't used in Europe is that this client doesn't support linux.

During the tribesnext development period, the developers offered several release dates, but didn't really deliver on schedule. Now the devs don't give release dates at all, for any features. I can't blame them though, they are doing it on their free time.

During the tribesnext development period, the developers offered several release dates, but didn't really deliver on schedule. Now the devs don't give release dates at all, for any features. I can't blame them though, they are doing it on their free time.

It may be unofficially "when it's done", but I think it's safe to assume TribesNext will be done before Duke Nukem Forever, am I right?
  • Maybe this is why I can't find a decent server in Europe (with people on it).
  • Yes it is :D

A solution is to have 2 copys of Tribes2. One with TN and one with the .vl2 solution. Then you basically will be abel to play everywhere!
  • Workable aimbots don't exist in Tribes.
  • Yet there seem to be some cheats that can help you a lot in a CTF game
  • Yet there seem to be some cheats that can help you a lot in a CTF game
    Aimbots aren't one of them.
  • Tribes can't have aimbots because even used on a stationary target you'd need to know the player's exact speed and direction of travel at all times for it to work for anything except the laser rifle or missile launcher. Aimbots exist in hitscan games and games where player momentum does not affect projectiles, tribes isn't either of those.

You do however get fog-free stuff and the occasion brave (stupid) soul using colored skins and a generic aimbot.
  • Their loss if they don't use TribesNext.
  • I'd like to see ilys, kater and matits ... err mantis join this forum. Miss gameshrine a lot, shame it went away.