Player Model Trouble

Whenever I load up Tribes 2 model setup my player model has a bunch of jagged lines jutting out randomly. It even happens in game and I'm stuck in 3rd person with that same graphical issue. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve it? Thanks.
screen1ee6.th.png

Comments

• Update your graphics drivers.
  • edited February 2009
    I have the latest driver...since ATI doesn't support ATI mobility video cards =/
  • Download the desktop Catalyst driver and MobilityDotNet to modify the driver for mobility support.

I had the same issue on a Radeon X1400M which I solved in that manner.
  • Hmm...it didn't work. Though I really appreciate the info happy to finally get new drivers =P
  • If the rendering API chosen in game is Direct3D, you might try switching it over to OpenGL. If it's already in OpenGL, find or add this line to base/prefs/clientPrefs.cs:
    $pref::TS::UseTriangles = "1";

• Thanks a lot it really help! I had to switch to D3D from OpenGL instead of other way around =/
  • When Tribes 2 was new (2001), some Radeon chips didn't do well in OpenGL mode (IIRC Radeon.cs defaulted to disabling OpenGL), so maybe you were affected by that.
  • The Radeon chip architecture has gone through about 6 complete revisions since those files were created. OpenGL support is fine now. A lot of the mobility drivers are buggy though, which is why I use modified desktop drivers on my mobility Radeon.
  • how do i switch the game to opengl...having same issues...