Mapping

Perhaps I did not lurk long enough to find out if there was a mapping section to these boards (If not, *hint hint*!)

Down to my question though...
I am making a siege map and was wondering if it is possible to create an actual flipflop without having the game think it is the Siege objective. You know, a switch to take over a middle base lets say. I already set everything up and Team2 has the flipflop objective, but can team0 have a flipflop solely for... switching?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated ^_^.
Oh yeah, thank god Tribes 2 might be making a come back!

~ Toovin

Comments

• I think what you're wanting is a team3 flipflop (as I recall team3 assets default to shooting at neither teams 1 or 2). Suppose it would be interesting if the base's turrets shot at both teams till the place was taken, but I'm not sure how you'd manage that.

Don't think there IS a team 0 though, except possibly for death match.
  • Update -

Added Team3 and put the switch and base under that team.
    No go! Still acts as if it was the Siege Objective. Perhaps it is just a funky flaw of the game engine?
  • I'm sure it can be done. I'm...just not the right person to ask for this sort of thing.
  • Have you tried changing Team3 objects to Team0?
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, originally everything was created under team0 as far as the switch for the middle base. By default though its considering it the mission switch for siege. So there are two on the map even though the switch for the mission is under team2 . Bah! o..O