UEs - FYI

edited March 2009 in General Discussion
FYI for what it's worth, playing tribes we all get some UEs now an then but a short time ago I was getting UEs galore and couldn't figure out why? I had installed a new 512mb Ati Vid card and a short time after the UEs came constantly, then once I did get a message from windows stating an err and after a google search found out that my Adobe ver.7 was not compatable with the Ati card drvs. Installed the Adobe 8 and the pain UEs stopped. Imagine that!! Hope this info will help somebody :)

Comments

• this is the first message board you've ever posted on outside of craigslist, isn't it?
  • No comment to the Brainless ones.
  • I almost always get a UE when a tank explodes. ::)
    Most UEs you get in-game now are associated to tanks exploding.
    the tank is a vehicle that I have achieved total mastery over, its nice to think my victims UE after experiencing my awesomeness.
  • I've never been able to pinpoint what caused my UEs Except this time with the new card and ERR message. The point of the post was to show that they may not always be caused by the game alone!
  • I have not gotten a UE since installing tribes next a while ago, learn your lesson. Go Nvidia.
  • I have not gotten a UE since installing tribes next a while ago, learn your lesson. Go Nvidia.

I've got a nvidia card and I still get ue's from time to time.
  • only ues i get is when im minimized while mission is changing
  • edited March 2009
    WHY buy ATI crap thats what you get for buying ATI junk go get an Nvidia a REAL card and you will not have a problem.

And clean you DSO files your getting UE's from running scripts you downloaded
  • You all UE.
    use the force, and face your destiny.
    You all UE because of my superior psychokinetic power!
    now I will read your future....hmmmm, you will finish reading this post!

I can confirm this. The most recent UEs I've had that weren't a result of minimizing were because of tanks exploding.

Is there a reason this is now happening? Any fix?
  • Lagg_Alot attempted to fix it in some of his AI maps. Not sure if his fix actually works, as it says "still testing" in the code comments.