Comments

• TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING TURN OFF VERTEX LIGHTING
  • edited May 2009
    I think yer record is skipping... :P
    I've been all through the mission editor and .mis file. Just where is the switch to turn Vertex Lighting off? Maybe a little explaination would be helpful. Like a mini tutorial?

Ona's T2 Editor tutorial is really well done, however, I have an issue with how he gets into the editor. Here's my step by step procedure fo entering the T2 Editor and avoiding the UE when placing a new object. Some of this may be rudamentery for most.

-Start T2.
    -Go to the LAN game tab, Host, Advanced options and set the timer for 200 minutes.
    -Launch your mission.
    -Spawn into a team and let the Match start.
    -Once match has begun, Press Alt-E. In about 1 second you will be in the Editor at the center of the mission area, player view.
    -Press ~ to bring up the Console
    -Type toggleCamera(1); this will switch your view and free you from your player object view restrictions. From here you may now "Observer Fly Mode" around the mission area.

To aviod the UE,
    EDIT: Useless info removed... SEE BELOW.
    der. What a noob move roach...
  • I think yer record is skipping... :P
    I've been all through the mission editor and .mis file. Just where is the switch to turn Vertex Lighting off? Maybe a little explaination would be helpful. Like a mini tutorial?

Ona's T2 Editor tutorial is really well done, however, I have an issue with how he gets into the editor. Here's my step by step procedure fo entering the T2 Editor and avoiding the UE when placing a new object. Some of this may be rudamentery for most.

-Start T2.
    -Go to the LAN game tab, Host, Advanced options and set the timer for 200 minutes.
    -Launch your mission.
    -Spawn into a team and let the Match start.
    -Once match has begun, Press Alt-E. In about 1 second you will be in the Editor at the center of the mission area, player view.
    -Press ~ to bring up the Console
    -Type toggleCamera(1); this will switch your view and free you from your player object view restrictions. From here you may now "Observer Fly Mode" around the mission area.

To aviod the UE,
    -From the top menu bar, select World/Drop below Camera.
    -From the top menu bar, select Window/World Editor Creator.
    -Open up the Mission SimGroup tree and select the branch in which you will place your first object for this mapping session. To do this, hold Alt and click on branch. The branch name will highlight pink and object names will highlight blue. You then need to click somewhere in the sky to deselect the objects. The branch folder will now be red.
    -Elevate your view point and look towards the sky. Seems the UE happens when the pbject spawns in view.
    -With your view turned skyward. Select the object from the World Editor Creator list. The object name will appear in the desired folder and hopefully the editor didn't UE by now.
    ->Important
  • -Press ~ to bring up the Console
    Alt+C
  • The absolute easiest way to make a map imo is to get ahold of zear's 'blank' mission file. Then, simply go to where it indicates what terrain you will be using, and changing it to the one you want. From there it's as simple as adding what you want.
  • The absolute easiest way to make a map imo is to get ahold of zear's 'blank' mission file. Then, simply go to where it indicates what terrain you will be using, and changing it to the one you want. From there it's as simple as adding what you want.
    This is how I've always done mapping.
  • I always just pick a map with nice terrain and delete everything (usually via the MIS file). That keeps the atmosphere intact - though I suppose that's easy enough to replace.
  • I crash when I try to delete everything :\
  • That's why you do it in the MIS file. If you delete the AIObjectives folder (if there is one) from in-game, you will crash. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other things that would crash you on delete as well.

• Holy shit... That brings back a lot of memories!!! LOL
  • I've never noticed this. I always wondered if there was a guide on how to create maps like Katabatic