None

edited January 2014 in Server Support
-

Comments

• Check FAQs.
  • This means you have to forward the port 28000 (default) on your router to make it show up.
  • This means you have to forward the port 28000 (default) on your router to make it show up.

How?

PortForward.com will teach you how.
  • Protocol: UDP
    Port Range: 28000-28000
    Translate To: [Your Server's Internal IP address.]

To find your server's internal IP address, go to Start>Run, type "cmd", then in the black window type "ipconfig". You'll see an IP address that starts with 10.0.0, 172.160, or 192.168; use that to fill in the form.
  • try 27999 to 28001?
  • Type "netstat -a" in a console window (Windows console, not game console, AKA "the DOS prompt") and see if something is using the port you want to use.
  • Do you run a firewall on the host machine?
  • My top of the head guess is your router is blocking access. Can you enable the firewall on the host machine, and go into the router and set either the name of the server or its ip address into a dmz? Hopefully your router has true dmz capability.
  • DMZ: DeMilitarised Zone (named after an idea of restricting soldiers and weapons from a specific area on a contended border)

It is a feature in many routers that allows ALL traffic to and from a specific ip address or named system to flow unhindered. All packets sent to that ip or named system are delivered to that system with no filtering whatsoever. This is what you want as long as you can enable a firewall in the host system. You will find the option to enable the dmz, if the option exists, in your router's manual.
  • i enabled a port range 28000 - 29000 and i kept changing the port everytime i ran my server, but i fixed it by enabling a port which is 4778 (TCP).. i have no idea why this worked.. but hey!
  • Yeah, well, i hope this post is still alive. Anyhoo, i downloaded the auto port forwarding thing from www.portforward.com, and now it's asking me for my port's username and password. i dunno where to get it, never had to enter it before... how do i get it'

(laugh as much as you want)
  • I am guessing that it is requesting the user name and pw for your router. The manual for the router should tell you that info, and if not you can likely get it online from the router maker's website.