Server Wont Run Check IP/Port Configuration

I have a Belkin Wireless N+ Router. I have called them several times and I have the following UDP Ports open on my router 27999/28000/28001/29000 DMZ is set as well.I also have changed to allow Tribes & Tribes Next access via my Norton Firewall. Even after all this when I start my server it says check IP/Port Configuration. Im open to anymore suggestions as to what I can do to get my server running on Tribes Next.[email]WilliamTOlson252@aol.com[glow=red,2,300][/glow][/email]

Comments

• Port 28000/UDP needs to be forwarded to the correct computer on your LAN, not just opened.
  • edited May 2009
    If you have a firewall enabled on the server it is rational to place the server in the dmz. If you don't have a firewall enabled in your server, placing it in a dmz is not rational.
    You don't have to address ports when a system is in a dmz, all traffic to that system is allowed. The dmz option in the router will give you a list of names of computers that are currently online, or allow an ip address to be input. Select the name of the server, or add the ip of the server. If you have a true dmz, some consumer-grade routers don't really have a true dmz.

Regardless, first things first. Can you bypass the router with the server and see if the server makes contact with the tn mothership? Does the firewall in the server, if it has one and is enabled, allow duplex traffic on the port in question? Duplex meaning two way, in and out, of course.