Mouse is spotty - help!

Hi all.

I just downloaded Tribes 2 again onto my laptop (using Vista) and went to go play the single player training missions to refresh my memory about the controls. However to my dismay I found that my mouse buttons were not working about 60-70% of the time. It's like a four year old very basic Logitech optical mouse.

The cursor works fine - I can look without difficulty. But only about one time in four that I try to use the left or right button does it work. It doesn't always fail; just most of the time. Resetting the mouse controls to the keyboard was successful but made the game too difficult to be worth it.

I tried one fix I found on the forums, checking whether mouse enabled was set to 0 or 1 in the ClientPrefs file. It was set to 0, which I fixed; but the mouse still didn't work properly.

Any ideas? (Besides the desperately-needed new mouse, which I'm afraid won't work either?)

Comments

• You can try toggling Direct Input in game, under Settings > Input. There should be a checkbox that says DInput.

If it's on, try turning it off. If it's off, try turning it on.
  • Tried it. No good. :(
  • Hi all.

I just downloaded Tribes 2 again onto my laptop (using Vista) and went to go play the single player training missions to refresh my memory about the controls. However to my dismay I found that my mouse buttons were not working about 60-70% of the time. It's like a four year old very basic Logitech optical mouse.

The cursor works fine - I can look without difficulty. But only about one time in four that I try to use the left or right button does it work. It doesn't always fail; just most of the time. Resetting the mouse controls to the keyboard was successful but made the game too difficult to be worth it.

I tried one fix I found on the forums, checking whether mouse enabled was set to 0 or 1 in the ClientPrefs file. It was set to 0, which I fixed; but the mouse still didn't work properly.

Any ideas? (Besides the desperately-needed new mouse, which I'm afraid won't work either?)

One month - bump?
  • Is this meese wired or wireless?