New DED server needs admins

It doesn't necessarily look like the tribes 2 community is in dire need of servers, however I have a 4u server collocated in a data center dying for its bandwidth to be used. I would like to run two instances of tribes 2. One being a "the public" server and the other maybe for competitions. Let me know if someone is interested in administrating it.

Specs:
Quad Xeon @ 2.0ghz (conroe)
4Gb ECC RAM
SCSI HDD 10k raid 1
12Gbp backbone
3Mbits available

Syirrus

Comments

• What os?
  • What os?

Windows 2003 Std.
    I have another app that is windows based that I need running on it.
  • Deny everyone that requests admin privs
    I'd self-nominate, but I don't have time. =/
  • 2k3 is a fine os
  • Btw:
    The name of the server atm is Megawatt Public if anyone wants to see what their ping is.
  • would you be running classic?
  • would you be running classic?

Probably, for sure.
  • I get the lowest ping there that I get any where. But it's weird 'cuz I ping at like 50-70 but I'm laggin' like 200 ping. Idk I'll try again..Nice server tho.
  • server admin should look at this thread
  • server admin should look at this thread

Thank very much for posting this link. I followed the instructions and now it is playing very smoothly. To anyone out there looking to relive the old days of tribes, hit me up if you would like to try an make this server popular. I would like to ideally have 4 admins or so.
  • Yeah, it ain't as choppy any more. I'd be up for making any server more popular. More popular servers ---> More mods/gametypes ---> more people.