unhandled exeption

everytime i try to load up T2 it brings that up. and i dont know why ???

Comments

• Delete all your dso files and try again. You'll find them in your gamedata/base folder and contents.
  • cant i just delete the entire Tribes2 File and reinstall the whole thing?
  • And none of those explains my problem...
    • Use a descriptive subject. A subject line of "My CPU is on fire" will probably be ignored, whereas "Failed to invoke embedded ruby interpreter" will not. This also helps when others are searching for a similar problem and solution.
    • Be as verbose as possible. It is impossible to diagnose any errors with little or no information. Some standard things to provide, depending on the error, would be the latest version of the patch you've installed, certain system specs, any other scripts you have installed.
    • Search for threads that have the same, or a similar, problem to your own. We don't need/want to read three threads relating to "Cannot connect to auth server" troubles, when they are very likely related.
    Ahem.
  • When i click the T2 icon, the screen goes black for about 10 secondes, then goes back to the mainscreen and beings up something saying
    "Unhandled Expection"
    Error Code:00040
    "Shutting Down Program"
  • edited July 2009
    • Delete DSO files
    • Uninstall any scripts you may have recently added (they might be the cause), or go for broke and test with a clean (no scripts) install
    • Ensure your drivers are up to date, or try rolling them back if you updated recently
    • Forcefully change your prefs to use D3D instead of OpenGL, or 16-bit graphics (search the forums)

http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=1337.0
  • edited July 2009
    Ok, what are your system specs such as video card model, memory total, etc? And yes you can certainly delete your install, it's your install after all. But if it's not corrupt, you will simply suffer the ue when you reinstall if nothing is done to mediate the ue.