Trouble installing the patch

I have always been a huge fan of Tribes 2 - I finally ran across TribesNext and I'm ready to play again! Unfortunately, I have a problem - I've tried to install numerous times and I keep running in to an error. I am unable to install the patch after installing the main game. I've tried it using my original CD, and also using the full install from a couple of mirrors and a torrent - but I always end up with the same error when installing the patch si_tribes2_update_21570-24834_25034.exe

"The file D:\DYNAMIX\TRIBES2\Readme.txt is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded"

At this point the patch tanks and quits on me. I've searched high and low for anyone having the same problem on this site and I haven't found a thing. Anyone got any help for me? It would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Zaurian

Comments

• If you install from one of the mirrors or the torrent listed in the "downloads" section, you do not need to patch the game to version 25034, it's already patched.

All you need to do is download the TribesNext patch.
  • Oh, right - I guess I thought that's what I was doing, but I obviously was still trying to patch with the CD update not the TribesNext patch... confused LOL

Thanks for the push in the right direction!!

-Z