Converting from Tribes to Tribes 2

Howdy there all, I'm uselessxdave, host of the mod Aeon in starsiege tribes, Aeon is a complex mod, but its limited in Tribes, So we wanted to move to the torque engine and create a new Tribes build, but we'd like to start off small, we understand everything, but we would like to move Aeon to Tribes 2, that way we have basically no limits. I was reading Scripts.VL2 to understand it a bit more, knowing its from the Torque game engine. But can Scripts.VL2 be extracted into several files just like it can in Tribes 1? Tribes 1 file formats are .vols. Can someone link an extractor for the VL2 file formats?

Comments

• Howdy there all, I'm uselessxdave, host of the mod Aeon in starsiege tribes, Aeon is a complex mod, but its limited in Tribes, So we wanted to move to the torque engine and create a new Tribes build, but we'd like to start off small, we understand everything, but we would like to move Aeon to Tribes 2, that way we have basically no limits. I was reading Scripts.VL2 to understand it a bit more, knowing its from the Torque game engine. But can Scripts.VL2 be extracted into several files just like it can in Tribes 1? Tribes 1 file formats are .vols. Can someone link an extractor for the VL2 file formats?

Any archive processing program.
  • Awsome thanks.
  • Yes Its just a Zip file renamed to vl2
  • Also the file format for Tribes 2 is .cs when the game is played there are complied files called .dso just delete these and continue modding(it will need to be done each time). Also a good idea to send it out as .dso files so people cannot screw with it, unless ya want them to :P
  • Yeah shifter did that, they sent the scripts in dso if I remember correctly, but If people have something like PJ scripts that deletes dsos at the end of the game that could be a problem.
  • That's why you package your DSO-based mod in a lovely VL2, or just release open-source ;)
  • nobody likes dso mods
  • Howdy there all, I'm uselessxdave, host of the mod Aeon in starsiege tribes, Aeon is a complex mod, but its limited in Tribes, So we wanted to move to the torque engine and create a new Tribes build, but we'd like to start off small, we understand everything, but we would like to move Aeon to Tribes 2, that way we have basically no limits. I was reading Scripts.VL2 to understand it a bit more, knowing its from the Torque game engine. But can Scripts.VL2 be extracted into several files just like it can in Tribes 1? Tribes 1 file formats are .vols. Can someone link an extractor for the VL2 file formats?
    Read: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=590.msg13611#msg13611
    Tribes 2 has hud problems :|