Are you using the best tools?

This thread is a chance to tell us what tools you use.
And find out what tools others use.
  • Notepad++; It uses "styles" that recognise santex. This allows you to collapse and un-collapse brackets as well as collapsing all. Useful if you want to browse function names. It can also do text searches on files contained in a file tree. (1.5 sec for all scripts and guis in T2)
  • Tribal IDE; I have a buggy version. So I only use it for reloading scripts. I would like to get or make a script reloading.
  • In game Map editer(alt e)
  • In game GUI editer(alt F1)I have made some critical patches to it that allow you to tree objects and delete objects. Let me know if you are interested.

Comments

• I edit my code in a hex editor.
    • In game GUI editer(alt F1)I have made some critical patches to it that allow you to tree objects and delete objects. Let me know if you are interested.
    Why not post your critical patches for everybody to use?
  • Someone could make up a T2Script language definition for np++
  • This is my GUI editor patch
    //By: RedRavid
    //ver: 0.1 (beta)
    //use: To use this script move this file into your GameData/base/scripts/autoexec directory
    //info: Allows you to add objects to the curently selected object.
    // Allows you to delete objects

I still need to patch a bug that causes all profiles to be saved as the default profile
  • Ok, I may as well throw a few pointers your way...
    If you right-click the GUI element (not the entry in the tree), you can add child elements to it, as well as delete it by simply hitting the delete key.

Also, you typically need to hit apply to save the profile/characteristics of an object.
  • first off thanks for the insight.
    using the info you provided.
    I can add elements
    but i cant delete them.(I have checked that my scripts is not loading. note; it created its own action map)
    I always press apply because it updates the the UI so i can see what efects my newly selected profile has.
    Just to clarify the save im talking about it saveing the file .gui
  • I'm trying to dereference the ptrs you threw my way, but I'm having trouble.