New Tribes 2 Players - Say Hello Here

I am interested in as to how many of the TribesNext player base are new to Tribes 2.

Please say hello here so we can get an estimate of the numbers.

G'day!
hello.jpg

Comments

• I'm not NEW NEW but I guess I would have to say I'm new ENOUGH.
    So hey :P
    I'm Exfactor I've played Demo most of my T2 gaming experience.
  • edited January 2009
    Hallo.

Bought Tribes 2 used for $1.99 in 2005, played it a little bit (mostly Construction), and then dropped it for a while; by the time I got back, the servers were down and my account wasn't working.

Really looking forward to playing it again, though, once I figure out what issues my computer takes with the patch. :\
  • I started playing Tribes 1 only a couple years ago, joining the servers with the most players (which was usually only 20 or so, rarely any server had 30+). I've been on and off since. I tried the demo of Tribes 2, since I was hearing that since Tribes 1 was becoming "ancient", Tribes 2 was where it was at. I joined an online server once, but just couldn't get a feel for the controls at the time.
    Last year I went and picked up Tribes Vengeance for about four bucks at a secondhand store. On the one hand, yay single player campaign that wasn't a glorified tutorial. On the other, I am terrible at skiing, and T:V quickly lost its appeal for me otherwise, and I went back to Tribes 1. I still have everything sitting around here somewhere.

I know the Tribes 1 master servers are long gone, and even though that community has built a new master server, any time I go peek at the player counts, there are just not enough people to make it fun anymore.
    So I'm doing StumbleUpon one day and I find something mentioning that a group has rebuilt Tribes 2 online support. A couple minutes of downloading and two straight days of having a blast with the bots later, here I am!
  • Hello

I'm playing in off-line Tribes 2 (with bots) from 2002 and only this year I played TribesNext on-line. I'm happy.

Sorry for my bad english - I'm from Ukraine and I'm Tribes 2 fan 8)
  • terrytoes told me to say hi
  • lol im so new to this game i havent finished downloadin' it yet lol ;D
  • Hello ,
    I played years of t1 and purchased t2 the day of release. I played for about 2 months until i moved out of my parents house at the age of 18 . I took 8-9 years off but im back and im happier then a pig in shazbot that the great people of the t2 community have found ways to make it stay. ive been back at it for about 1 month now and its changing fast. I'm new but i can feel that with everyday going by there are alot more then just me. Goon haven is the server of choice its where the elite and new face one another ,i frequent that server and noob's are everywere and its great . I'm sure that its starting to get to some of the elite but i look at it this way, the more noobs the longer our game stays because we all know once you start playing t2 if you make it a week your hooked for life. Words of advise tho to all new players. I once competed in the ogl back with t1 and teamwork is an essential part of this game. it makes you better as a player and more liked by other players. there is a greart thread for new players on.

http://goonhaven.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157&start=0

teratos , wrote an excellent thread for new and old to read and remeber. Its great to see peeps coming back or starting fresh with tribes there are so many things to this game ,ask questions and and dont be shy!
  • Hello

I'm playing in off-line Tribes 2 (with bots) from 2002 and only this year I played TribesNext on-line. I'm happy.

Sorry for my bad english - I'm from Ukraine and I'm Tribes 2 fan 8)

Are you sure you aren't from germany?
  • I'm not new, but the last time I logged on and played Tribes 2 was on Rebels Katabatic. Let's just go with I've been gone so long I might as well be new.

wait... that makes me old...
  • I played T2 when it first came out. Eventually got deterred by too many UE. Tried to come back years later but found that everything was overly modified and the UE problems still remained (might have just been my computer at the time). Started playing Tribes Aerial Assault a lot recently which got me interested in Tribes 2 again. Found this place, installed Bootcamp on my Macbook pro and eventually got it running. Couldn't be happier, just wish I had more time to play.

P.S. Anybody hear play TAA (Tribes Aerial Assault) on PS2? Anyone know if it is a modified version of base? I feel like it is faster than base, but maybe not as fast as classic.
  • I played T2 when it first came out. Eventually got deterred by too many UE. Tried to come back years later but found that everything was overly modified and the UE problems still remained (might have just been my computer at the time). Started playing Tribes Aerial Assault a lot recently which got me interested in Tribes 2 again. Found this place, installed Bootcamp on my Macbook pro and eventually got it running. Couldn't be happier, just wish I had more time to play.

P.S. Anybody hear play TAA (Tribes Aerial Assault) on PS2? Anyone know if it is a modified version of base? I feel like it is faster than base, but maybe not as fast as classic.

I remember renting it from Hollywood Video. Its an inbetween of base and classic so no real help there :\
  • I'm an old player too so not entirely what you're looking for but will be recruiting heavily if possible from friends.

I played and loved Tribes 2 for about 2 years. I even bought a new graphics card at the time just so I could play as I liked the sound of it so much.

This morning I found quakelive.com and wondered if anyone had done the same with Tribes2. Then I found this website! JOY! Oh the JOY!

Think I binned my copy of the game some time ago as when I went to play I only found one server running a Rabbit match with 2 players on it... The game had died as far as I could tell. Downloading game and patch right now.

Can't wait to strap that pack to my back and head for the mountain tops! I'll be sniping y'all very very soon!
  • john says
    HI ... first game I bought played tribes 1, loved 2 , hated 3....
    why dont the people that play these games accualy help make the sequls?...
  • I remember the day i read a Game Informer with Tribes2 in it, thinking to myself.. "I need this game."
  • I'd play on the ps2, when do people sign on to play?
    I played T2 when it first came out. Eventually got deterred by too many UE. Tried to come back years later but found that everything was overly modified and the UE problems still remained (might have just been my computer at the time). Started playing Tribes Aerial Assault a lot recently which got me interested in Tribes 2 again. Found this place, installed Bootcamp on my Macbook pro and eventually got it running. Couldn't be happier, just wish I had more time to play.

• john says
    HI ... first game I bought played tribes 1, loved 2 , hated 3....
    why dont the people that play these games accualy help make the sequls?...

money and politics
  • HI, Im new to tribes!
    Its so interesting and new to me.
    I want to be all your friends.
    Hugs for all! Kisses for policeman
    and wald
  • HI, Im new to tribes!
    and wald

oh jeemy :P
  • HI, Im new to tribes!
    and wald

oh jeemy :P
    Oh Policeman! Wanna get spanked by my cg like 30-1 again? rofl jk. Me no play no more. You spank me 30-1 now
  • lol love your actually in my latest movie getting spanked :P triple ma i believe. and why would you stop playing such a great game anyways?
  • I stopped playing because I stopped hitting my shots :(. After Anarchy disappeared no one left to MA duel only :(. Everyone else ground shoots :(. That's just gay.
  • I played Tribes 1 when it was released, and used to compete on ogl. Made awesome friends, had many sleepless nights, and I loved every minute of it. Then with the release of Tribes 2 I had major comp problems so I stopped gaming for a bit.

Many moons later and my vid card craps out so I think to myself "What was I playing back in the day".

As some have state before Tribe 1 is all but dead. So here I am, back from the dead! ;D
  • I stopped playing because I stopped hitting my shots :(. After Anarchy disappeared no one left to MA duel only :(. Everyone else ground shoots :(. That's just gay.
    ::)
    Right there with you man, I hate it when people ground discs. It's just so gay!!~1
  • Jack, I'm not new to T2, but I'm actually looking to see how many of the old tribes are represented here.....like 2_Rivers and some of the others.

Have you noticed any of those handles floating around?

bill

aka 2_Rivers_IvansBones
  • Hello again. Been a couple of years.
  • ZOMBIE THREAD