tribes2 compared to tribes aerial assault?

hey, im new here and really grateful for finding this site. I adored TAA on my PS2 when I was younger and I have always wanted to get into it on the pc. (lol at fps on console)

anyway, i'm downloading tribes 2 and multiplayer pack right now and was curious, how much is this game like TAA? and from looking at the forums, it looks like the community is strong way after release, is that true?

and finally, it looks like sierra is owned by activision now. do they have any intentions of continuing the greatness that is tribes? tribes vengeance looks like fail, anybody tried it?

Comments

• Welcome to the community!
    If AA was an incomplete demo, then Tribes 2 is the full version. I think you'll enjoy it.

(btw T:V is a POS)

• anyway, i'm downloading tribes 2 and multiplayer pack right now and was curious, how much is this game like TAA?

This game is NOTHING like TAA, and I mean that in a good way. A ton more maps, more packs, and even better vehicles. For example, the bomber in TAA was 1 man both flying and bombing, but in Tribes 2 you need a pilot, a bomber, and optionally a tailgunner. Also, you could shoot flares out while piloting a vehicle, not true in Tribes 2. And there are actually voice binds! (without having to use the "cheat" code) And there are more options for voice binds. And up to 64 players instead of 16.
    and from looking at the forums, it looks like the community is strong way after release, is that true?
    I wouldn't say "strong" This game has definetely gone down in population. But it's a lot better than TAA. I remember in TAA just 2 or 3 years ago you'd be lucky if there was more than 5 people in a server. And for some reason whenever I joined the game, they would vote me out. At least in Tribes 2 you can consistently get 30+ players in a server.
  • oh and dont forget the loving community you'll be experiencing from T2N :)