glon32.dr7 (Installation Error)

So I downloaded the client from Filefront, took a bit, but I finished it. Started installing, etc. And it gets to installation and gives me and error message saying that glon32.dr7 could not be opened. So, I got my CD and tried it... Same error.

I run Vista 64bit, if it helps.

Comments

• It could be a corrupt installer (though unlikely if it gave the same error on the CD), or there could possibly be permission problems - I believe that install extracts the files to your temp directory prior to installing, does your account have administrator access?

If you do have the CD itself, the files should be stored right in a folder. What you might want to try is to extract those where you want the game to be (Usually C:\Dynamix\Tribes 2\), and then download and run this patch: http://xfer1.the-construct.net/tribes2/patch/_tribes2_update_21570-24834_25034.exe
    After which the game should be up to date, and you'll be able to install the multiplayer patch.
  • edited January 2009
    I'll try your solution and edit this post with the result.

EDIT: The download you provided sent me into an error with yet ANOTHER file that could not be opened, this time a Readme. I kid you not...

Looks like I'll have to put it on my crap PC that runs Windows XP.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it doesnt work in that one either. Dammit.
  • I had this same problem myself - until I realized that my virus scanner was throwing a false positive on that glon32.dr7 file and preventing the extraction utility from placing the file on the drive, so it naturally wouldn't be there when the installer needed it.

Long story short, try turning off virus scanners for the duration of the Tribes install, if you happened to be running any in the first place.