Cidion: A new mega-map from a time long ago...

Hi guys,

It seems like ages since I've last been involved with Tribes 2. I grew up on this game, it being my first online game and the first FPS game I ever played. Back in the day I used to play a lot on |HV| and played a bit of RevMod with -{FTK}- for awhile as well. If any of you recognize me, I'd like to hear from you. But enough about me, let me tell you about this map.

7 years ago I started work on a map I hoped would bring out my favorite parts of this fantastic game. I wanted a map that would be balanced, vehicle-oriented, team-oriented, and most of all fun. The game was different back then, and there may not be enough people to play this one now, but here it is anyway. With the help of |HV| Tex and Lexor of RevMod fame, here's what I've got.

-2045m between flags (this is a BIG map)
-2 vehicle bays per side: 1 ground, 1 air
-Bases are balanced, and placed on their own mountains
-Low fog for good flying and protection for those on the ground
-Midpoint objective provides turrets/sensors, and a few inventory stations
-Completely server-side, no downloading needed.

I've included the .vl2 file here, so some of you can take a look. It's still a work in progress, but I feel that if I post it here, perhaps one day it might get played just once. Or in any case it's here for the record. If anybody would like to help out and fix the problems (only a few left), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Let me know what you think. See you in the generator room.
-Fyberwire

Comments