Password Retrieval

I'm curious...are there any plans to implement some sort of account password retrieval via e-mail, like the original online version of T2 had? I have no idea what would be involved in this, but it doesn't seem like it would be all that hard. Anyhow, it would be a nice touch, since if you forget your password with the current setup, the only option is to create a new account (at least as far as I can tell).

Note: I'm just wondering about this. I haven't actually forgotten my password...yet :P

Comments

• Password resets are usually the way to go these days, since most passwords are one-way encrypted now
  • Password reset/retrieval is not possible with the manner in which the system is implemented. As it stands, your password never leaves your PC without being first encrypted or hashed...and that is only for account token retrieval from the Auth server.

The only reason you enter a password at login is to decrypt your private key, to ensure that you're who you say you are.
  • Password reset/retrieval is not possible with the manner in which the system is implemented. As it stands, your password never leaves your PC without being first encrypted or hashed...and that is only for account token retrieval from the Auth server.

The only reason you enter a password at login is to decrypt your private key, to ensure that you're who you say you are.

Oh, okay. Guess this goes to show how much I know about this kind of thing ::)

Moral of the story: DON'T LOSE YOUR PASSWORD ;)
  • It seems that the auth server is networked. The cylons will find a weakness.