Voice Packs of Greatness

(I know I've already posted these links in the Link thread, but since I had many asking me where they were, even after I gave them clear instructions, I decided to make it easier and post it here.)

If there was one thing I remember during my time before Tribe 2's revival in recent weeks and in Houston/Miami Vehicles servers were the voice packs. Mainly the Osiris, D6, Reflex and Ismack/Crack packs were the most popular, filled to the brink of select quotes and sounds from numerous sources that when spammed could be annoying sure, but when used effectively, they somehow ENHACNED the already amazing experience of Tribes 2.

When you had a strangely approiate quote in hand after you ran back from the enemy base with a flag on your back....When you were in Jug armor, it just felt right to me, and many others.

At first I thought, since it'd been years the last time I downloaded and after Tribe 2's death last year, they'd have been lost forever, but fortunately for this revival, I managed to find them.

Well, three out of four anyway:

I managed to find Osiris' last version of his voice pack at Fileshack,

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/1683/OSiRiS+341+Voice+Pack+3.0

The Reflex Computer Game pack at Fileplanet (Which also has the 3.0 version as well, in case you don't want to deal with Fileshack for whatever reason):

http://www.fileplanet.com/60263/60000/fileinfo/Reflex-Computer-Game-Sound-Pack-2---For-Tribes-2

Fileplanet mirror for Osiris here

And I managed to find the Ismack/Crack Pack here.

http://black-chapter.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=0c8536a9c11f7bb4f570ac5c4c5c680d&action=tpmod;dl=item31

Unfortunately I couldn't find the D6 pack anywhere, so unless someone has it sitting around in their hard drive, this one might be lost for good.

The way of installing and getting these to work is easy enough. First you install the Osiris pack into the Gamedata/Base folder, the files will already go into the folders they have to go so don't worry about that, after that open the Ismack/Crack and Reflex files and just extract the VL2 files with the sounds (A.K.A. The Bigger One) don't worry about any other VL2 files, you won't need them.

After that, go into the base/scripts/Osiris341 folder and open up the "The_Documents.html' file and follow the instructions to get it working.

Now the reason I told you to just need the VL2 file with the voices in the Ismack and Reflex pack is because that the 3.0 version of Osiris already has the scripts for other voice packs, Imsmack, in it, so all you have to do is install the wav files and you're good to go.

Note, this is not for those doesn't want anything really silly in their game, or something that might annoy them, but rather this is for those that want something to express their feelings about that kickass Laser Rifle shot when you headshotted someone at 400ms away, or those that want to find out the how and why people are randomly quoting movies in the chat.

Comments

• Sweet man, thanks for the links! Maybe you would like to post in the MODs section of the forum explaining how to implement the new voice packs.
  • Anyone knows the voicepack that has the "SILENCE!!" one and the death or dinosour, llama sounds?? like "arararaaawww" ?
  • edited January 2009
    I got em enabeld after downloading the Spider Say script from tribaloutpost.com. They'r under "SHUT UP!" and "deathcry".

Also: ty for the OSIRIS pack... "Well, I'm a badass cowboy livin' in the cowboy days...Wiggy, wiggy, scratch, yo, yo, bang, bang."
  • Anyone knows the voicepack that has the "SILENCE!!" one and the death or dinosour, llama sounds?? like "arararaaawww" ?
    http://www.freewebs.com/nielsdg/tribes/TracerECM302.rar
  • I foresee more obnoxious retards getting kicked and banned for using stupid voicepacks in the future
  • There is a line between using the packs for comedic effect and just being an obnoxious tard.

I for one love the exchanges that are possible with the canned messages already in the game. "How's it feel to BURN!!" "Awesome!" and etc. So far I've only really heard extra voices get spammed between missions, which, in my opinion, is to be expected. Like we're going to do anything else while the next map loads.
  • Hey Eolk thanks for the file link, but i have seriously no idea how to make it work, ive put it in the base folder and i dont know what to to do from there.
  • Hey Eolk thanks for the file link, but i have seriously no idea how to make it work, ive put it in the base folder and i dont know what to to do from there.
    I think you have to configure TracerDX in the warrior set up menu.

What do you mean configure, i went to the warrior set up and i choose one of the voices that the pack has but when i go into a server and press the enhanced voice chat button that i set up nothing happens, and also when i press the regular voice chat button it doesnt work either.
  • Does the pack make use of Writer's Scripts tab? Or have an entry on the Launch menu?
  • Does the pack make use of Writer's Scripts tab? Or have an entry on the Launch menu?
    No and no.
    Hey Eolk thanks for the file link, but i have seriously no idea how to make it work, ive put it in the base folder and i dont know what to to do from there.

What do you mean configure, i went to the warrior set up and i choose one of the voices that the pack has but when i go into a server and press the enhanced voice chat button that i set up nothing happens, and also when i press the regular voice chat button it doesnt work either.
    Sometimes you have to poke it a few times in order for it to work. It's been a long time since I've used it. I'll look into it later.
  • edited January 2009
    Unfortunately I couldn't find the D6 pack anywhere, so unless someone has it sitting around in their hard drive, this one might be lost for good.

D6 Pack, I will upload this to my server.

http://craigs.be/tribes2voice/D6pack.vl2 (sorry for the low upload speed)
  • Ok well i figured out how install the tracerECM voicepack, it wasnt as easy as i thought. but i got it to work thanks Eolk.
  • Thanks for sharing these classic voice packs. I use them all. Makes the game so much more enjoyable IMHO. You'll laugh your ass off, if you still have one