F-Secure picks up Tribes2.exe as a trojan generic

Title says it all. I tried to get it work, but F-Secure can't be set to whitelist torjans/viruses (some other stuff maybe), so I guess my only option would be to send them False Positive Report? I don't feel like shutting my active virus protection off..

Comments

• OMG YOU FOUND THYTHS HAX!Z
  • OMG YOU FOUND THYTHS HAX!Z
    No, I didn't.
  • edited December 2011
    The TribesNext patcher adds a new executable section (containing code to load the TribesNext DLL) and jumps to it when T2 starts, which is vaguely similar to how viruses used to infect executables.

LouCypher implemented a different loader that replaces the Immersion Force Feedback DLL, and initiates TribesNext that way. It's something I'm planning on implementing in a future version of the TribesNext patch. You can try using LouCypher's replacement IFC22.DLL with the original (unpatched) Tribes 2 executable. Download from: http://rdb.internectual.net/t2

Edit:
    By the way, if you use the IFC22.DLL method, you need to enable the "Force Feedback" option inside Settings -> Game for it to actually work.
  • I helped someone who had the same problem with F-secure a few weeks back, and I'm fairly sure it does have a whitelist of sorts if it continues to give you trouble.
    If you go into the settings and look under "Virus and spyware scanning", you should be able to find an "Open excluded items list" link. If you switch to the "Objects" tab in that window, check the "Exclude objects" option, add the Tribes2 directory to that list, and it should be excluded from their real-time scanning.
  • I helped someone who had the same problem with F-secure a few weeks back, and I'm fairly sure it does have a whitelist of sorts if it continues to give you trouble.
    If you go into the settings and look under "Virus and spyware scanning", you should be able to find an "Open excluded items list" link. If you switch to the "Objects" tab in that window, check the "Exclude objects" option, add the Tribes2 directory to that list, and it should be excluded from their real-time scanning.
    Yep, I did this on my laptop, but I think that at one point the game got out from whitelist by itself and then the F-Secure blocked it again..

I got the above IFC22.DLL thing to work, so thanks for that. I also sent F-Secure a false positive report and they said they will whitelist it in some update :)