Buttload of skins

I was digging through my external harddrive looking for something completely unrelated to tribes, but I came across a .rar archive with a buttload of skins. The rar is 1.6 gigabytes... yeah.

I'll try to upload it to rapidshit or filefront or something.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to edit a .png skin? The transparency makes it difficult.

Comments

• I was digging through my external harddrive looking for something completely unrelated to tribes, but I came across a .rar archive with a buttload of skins. The rar is 1.6 gigabytes... yeah.

I'll try to upload it to rapidshit or filefront or something.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to edit a .png skin? The transparency makes it difficult.

Contact elitewarriorsonline someone there can help you! 8)
  • If you are using Photoshop, you need the PNG plugin.
    http://www.interocitor-media.com/tribes/files/png.zip
  • If by change I don't already have the skins in your rar archive, I would be willing to host them on TribalOutpost.com.

Let me know.
  • edited March 2009
    If by change I don't already have the skins in your rar archive, I would be willing to host them on TribalOutpost.com.

Let me know.

You definitely don't have them all :)

There are only 13 armor skins at tribaloutpost. This rar contains upwards of 4500 files :o
    If you are using Photoshop, you need the PNG plugin.
    http://www.interocitor-media.com/tribes/files/png.zip

Thanks
    If by change I don't already have the skins in your rar archive, I would be willing to host them on TribalOutpost.com.

Let me know.

Can I upload them somewhere?
  • Hit me up at Sfphinx via AIM ... I will get you setup ...
  • edited March 2009
    So, I got CS3 and I DL'd the PNG plugin, but something's not working, any ideas?
    Do I need an updated plugin? Convert the VL2 somehow? or is there another program I can use?

Nevermind, I figured it out. It's been a few years since I've tried to make a skin.
  • first what makes up a buttload? whats the scale for that?
    Second thanks man look forward to having a look at the skins. ;D
  • first what makes up a buttload? whats the scale for that?
    Second thanks man look forward to having a look at the skins. ;D

I'm thinking a very noticible protruding set of glutes. Some cheeks are so round and full that their mere presense is just rude... totally improper!
  • I was thinking about this topic just the other day. Having old skin packs is great, lots to choose from for personal choice, but what with the lack of auto-skin-download and the fact that so few people from the early days play, I think what you'll end up with is 4000 unused skins in that pack.

What we really need is a new central repository/distribution method for skins so that people can share out their current personal skins.

mystic_1
  • Sounds like a site idea.
  • everybody (well not everybody) has that big ass skin pack already. i trimmed mine down to hold only the ones i like. and alot of those have been gettin corrupted, lotta chrome folks runnin around me lately. guess cuz i moved it from drive to drive too many times.
  • The rebirth of Skinners Guild?
    BTW I need some old secmem skins!!! My god I miss those!!! Anyone? PM me
  • everybody (well not everybody) has that big ass skin pack already. i trimmed mine down to hold only the ones i like. and alot of those have been gettin corrupted, lotta chrome folks runnin around me lately. guess cuz i moved it from drive to drive too many times.

I'm pretty sure the chrome looking skins just need alpha layers, I had to fix a few skins from other people so I could see them in game. I think it's because of the light environment from certain maps etc. ;)
  • You can download UFO skins here is the link of my dump site. http://www3.telus.net/UFOr/

If they're in a VL2, use the test option to unzip to check the integrity of the zip structure. It will check the checksums of the contained files. If you change one bit in a VL2, you won't be able to extract the file that bit lies in, because the unzip code will know it's corrupt.