Invisible Server

i might be missing something, im not really sure... i set up a dedicated server to run on tribes next, but its not showing up on the master server for some reason... it runs fine, and i've had multiple people use insert to log into the server manually... it just wont show up on the list. is there any particular reason why? or to be more exact is there any way i can fix that?

Comments

• There is a setting in settings that tells whether or not to Show The Server Always, WHen Its Not Full, Or Never, check for that...
  • edited January 2009
    its set to "always"

the server is running through ispawn if that makes any difference at all, with tricon running on it

its dedicated and running the 'base' mod... not classic or anything else.

im behind a router, but the port im hosting on is open (as checked and directly tested by others joining the server)

is there a specific port tribes next uses to send data to the master server through?
  • The TN scripts send the heartbeat via HTTP (port 80).

You should be getting messages in the server window about listing status. What do those say?
  • edited January 2009
    -- Sent heartbeat to TN Master. (master.tribesnext.com:80)
    Server Time: 01/23/2009 02:06:36 (local)
    - Server added to list.

is this the message you are asking about? only one i see that mentions the master server at all... and it says the server added to list line every time it does it
  • You sure you're running the latest patch? When I'm running my ACCM server, it says:
     - Heartbeat confirmed.

• I'm having the same problem.

I set up my server yesterday and it was showing up just fine. I shut down the server over night, and I'm not seeing it in the list anymore after i brought it back up. Nothing on my end has changed since yesterday.

I'm seeing the same thing in the console:
     - Server added to list.
     - Server added to list.
     - Server added to list.
     - Server added to list.

• I'm also having problems with my dedicated server not showing up on the Master Server List. I can find it using Insert + IP just fine, but I'm at a loss for how to get it to display publicly. I've already resolved all of the port/routing issues... so I don't think it's that. I get the same messages that Elm is in my console.
  • Looks like whatever the problem was, has cleared up for me. I'm now seeing a "heartbeat confirmed" message in the console, and I can see my server in the list.
  • Same for me. This has cleared up :)
  • indeed, i just checked today, kinda dont have access to the computer reliably, and its showing up fine... its not saying 'adding server' every heartbeat, and it was actually listed when i went and checked the master server listing
  • www.portforward.com can help if youhave trouble setting that up (need to know what kind of router/s you are behind) I recommend doing all the steps including setting up fixed ip addresses.

also if you are hosting and trying to access from either same computer or same LAN, go to the join list, click "insert" (on your keyboard) and type in your local ip address such as 192.168.1.64 (insert your own local address) This is not the public IP others will see. Since the join page normally looks for internet IP's you will have to mark "favorite" your LAN game address to make it persistantly visible.