Help with server timeout

edited February 2009 in Server Support
Ok, so after about 3 hours of fidling with linux, my server is finally showing in the MaxOGC web master list, but it just says TIMEOUT, and also still cant connect to it, but it shows the right ip and port. Im running the win version in wine, since there is no linux version, and im also testing this on a local Ubuntu system.
The console says Heartbeat confirmed
lsof -i shows this

Tribes.e 7030 root 22u IPv4 27539 UDP:28000
Tribes.e 7030 root 189u IPV4 27555 TCP desktop:37818->Apache2-quell.mariposa.dreamhost.com:www (CLOSe_WAIT)

Comments

• At current Wine is known to have issues with the Tribes2 in-game TCP objects, which TribesNext makes a relatively heavy use of.
    From the experimentation I've done on my Gentoo system, the Windows version tends to die in Wine after sending the initial heartbeat to the master listing.
    Though, ccfreak2 has apparently gotten a server working under Wine...so it may be a hit or miss situation right now. :-\
  • Dreamhost is probably the HTTP server for this site (which runs the list server).
  • I see, and yes it does seem to just end after it sends the initial heartbeat as it does not allow me to even enter any commands into the console or anything.
  • So are all the current servers up running some form of windows then im guessing?
    I give up :( just going to switch the server over to windows lol
  • Mine (Glasnost :: Tribes 2) is running on Ubuntu. I dunno why everyone else has such difficulty. Works like a charm really.
  • really? can you share your setup then, because im running ubuntu also and its just not working. After it sends the heartbeat to the master server list it just stops responding.
  • Mine (Glasnost :: Tribes 2) is running on Ubuntu. I dunno why everyone else has such difficulty. Works like a charm really.

That seems to apply to Linux as a whole :P
    "Works for me" vs "I spent three days trying to get it to work and it didn't work"