FIXED: Bioderm model will not work

edited February 2009 in Support
For some reason, when I select Bioderm as my player model, it always shows up as human while in-game. This is a fresh install + patch + few scripts/skins. For what it's worth, I am running this through wine on Linux. And I used to play prior to TribesNext with the standard Loki installation and the Bioderm model worked ok for me. Any suggestions?

Edit: Another thing to note is that I had the same issue with a completely fresh setup as well without any of my scripts or skins, so I know it's nothing I put into the game that is causing this.

Final Edit: The new RC1E patch fixed this. I did a fresh install with this and it works fine. I also noticed they fixed the wine conflicts, or somehow automated the same modifications that the t2hacks.py python script does. Thanks for everybody's help.

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Click Launch, Settings, Go to game, check Show Personal Skins. Enjoy.
  • edited February 2009
    Nah, that is not the case. It's been on. The model simply will not work, period. It throws me in as a human instead.

Edit: Not only this, but any of my voice commands don't actually play the sound back to me. It comes up on screen, but I'm not sure if nobody hears it or if it's just me.
  • I gather there may be trouble writing the client prefs under wine, so you might want to try modifying them manually or see if the working directory is correct.
    Also open your console (~) after making a selection to see if it reports any errors.
    A default derm selection pref might look something like this:
    $pref::Player0 = "MojoBlue\tBioderm\thorde\tDerm1";

However, if the prefs are working correctly... some servers/mods may restrict you to certain armours and skins, so if you're only trying one server, you might try another.
  • edited February 2009
    Thanks guys. I still can't get this to work. My client prefs are saved though and they show up with my skin and model. I've only tried playing on Lastgasp, and there are plenty of derms running around there. Like I said though, I was playing on this server long ago with Linux without a hitch. But I do agree that it's probably wine related. I just need to track it down. I wonder if it has anything to do with using the t2hacks.py python script that another guy made. It simply alters the IP in a script or two because wine has some faulty socket related calls. But I'm wondering if the model can't be verified by the server for some reason due to this, and that's why it's forcing me to human model.

I just tried using human female and I get the same thing. The model is forced to human male, and my voice commands just type out in chat, but no sound is played.