Possible bug with incorrect password errors

I'm not sure if this bug pertains to wine, since I'm running T2 through that, or if it's a global issue. The issue is that I was having some model problems and I wiped out my ~/.wine directory and reinstalled T2 again. I copied over my old SSL .store files and entered my password, and it wasn't allowing me in. I don't know if I missed another file as well, but it would consistently tell me the password was incorrect. Once I removed the SSL .store files and had the installation download the credentials from the server, everything worked fine. I was thinking that part of the SSL salt used for encryption may have been generated by data produced from my wine installation, which then changed upon new installation. I could be way off base, but I thought I'd let you guys know.

Comments

• Those files are self-contained. No installation parameters are used for the encryption.

It's possible that running in Wine affected processing of line delimiters, which would explain why a download of the credentials worked.