Support for extra mouse buttons?

I have a Razer Diamondback 3G that I just now got around to configuring to send Windows Buttons 4 and 5. My plan was to map these to max throw grenade and max throw mine, but Tribes doesn't seem to be picking them up in the settings.

Does Tribes support 4 and 5? Is this something I should try adding to the config manually to see if it works?

Comments

• I have a Razer Diamondback 3G that I just now got around to configuring to send Windows Buttons 4 and 5. My plan was to map these to max throw grenade and max throw mine, but Tribes doesn't seem to be picking them up in the settings.

Does Tribes support 4 and 5? Is this something I should try adding to the config manually to see if it works?

Wouldn't that mess up your mine-disc skills? i usually mine/disc/grenade all in one and that takes 3 fingers to pull off, if all three of those fingers were on the mouse it would be tricky move it around and repeatedly pump out the discs/mines/grenades.
  • Actually with how the buttons are set up, index finger on left mouse, thumb on extra buttons, roll one way for gren, other way for mine.

Figured it out. If you have a mouse with extra buttons, go to ClientPrefs and set
    $pref::Input::MouseEnabled = "1";
    I think it might correspond to the "DInput Mouse" checkbox on the Controls tab in Settings, too, not sure. Alls I know is I've got gren and mine mapped up now.

As for mine discing, I've never done it, and I'm not sure I plan to.

[EDIT ADD] It's not really a frequently asked question, but I'm betting this information will probably be helpful to those of use that use mice with extra buttons. Maybe add to FAQ or something?