I have these scripts/mods. What scripts am I missing that i ne in your opinion?

I have:

support
zoomcontrol
fov set to 120
pilotmode
the reticle for mortar and grenade launcher
sensor alert
flag timer (just the basic one that counts down to when flag is going to return, i dont know if theres anything more complex or better out there)

I know I am missing some important ones but there are 1000s out there. Clue me in

inventory management and scripts - am i missing any ? how do i change my default spawn setup to move blaster to weapon slot 3, disc to 1, and chaingun to 2.

any particular farming scripts I am missing? I saw a few farmers tossing a ton of turrets out of deployable invs for super fast farming.

any command center scripts?

any special chaingun or other weapon reticles/crosshairs etc that I am missing out on? (i only have mortar and grenade launcher reticle)

any weapon scripts or waypointing scripts that I am missing?

Any scripts or mods in general that I do not know about that I am missing?

I need to get on the level with everyone else so if you could take a look at what I have and fill in the rest of the blanks for me, I will be greatly appreciative.

Comments

• I don't really believe in using gameplay-enhancing scripts, but, this is what I have...
    • Debrief GUI - lets you chat while you're loading.
    • Lobby Tab - Lets you go to chat and server listings while in-game.
    • Writer's Support - script support file.
    • Hal's Blue Reticles - Colors your reticles different colors so you can actually see them against the sky.
  • I don't really believe in using gameplay-enhancing scripts, but, this is what I have...
    • Debrief GUI - lets you chat while you're loading.
    • Lobby Tab - Lets you go to chat and server listings while in-game.
    • Writer's Support - script support file.
    • Hal's Blue Reticles - Colors your reticles different colors so you can actually see them against the sky.

very nice. keep them coming people!!!!! :)

can you go further into writer's support that was not clear to me.
  • HalDeployer
    hudmover
    GrabSpeed
    ma7autodemo
    UberFavs
    Alt/Speed HUD

I put together a pack for beginners here:
    http://tribes.m-parsons.com/Scripts/TerrorToesPack_v0.05.zip

I should probably go through and update it, but it is a nice start.
  • HalDeployer
    hudmover
    GrabSpeed
    ma7autodemo
    UberFavs
    Alt/Speed HUD

I put together a pack for beginners here:
    http://tribes.m-parsons.com/Scripts/TerrorToesPack_v0.05.zip

I should probably go through and update it, but it is a nice start.

you are awesome. can you give a very brief summation of what each script does? ( i can guess for a few but still :) )

- everyone else, feel free to add to what you think I am missing and need.
  • HalDeployer gives you a red/green ring anytime you have an item to deploy. This helps you save time pounding the deploy key to see if you can deploy at a location.

hudmover is the best tool for arranging your HUDs.

GrabSpeed is a modified version of Qing's GrabSpeed with on/off options for each part of the message and a little more info available (speed, your estimation of whether you'll make it or not, flare count, repair kit count).

ma7autodemo automatically starts and stops demos at the proper times (beginning of game and during scorescreen).

UberFavs gives you 30 instead of 20 presets, better access, and allows you to rebind your favorite keys to other keys.

SpeedHUD gives your speed and altitude, I slightly modified this one too so that placement is nicer (IMO; on my setup).
  • HalDeployer gives you a red/green ring anytime you have an item to deploy. This helps you save time pounding the deploy key to see if you can deploy at a location.

hudmover is the best tool for arranging your HUDs.

GrabSpeed is a modified version of Qing's GrabSpeed with on/off options for each part of the message and a little more info available (speed, your estimation of whether you'll make it or not, flare count, repair kit count).

ma7autodemo automatically starts and stops demos at the proper times (beginning of game and during scorescreen).

UberFavs gives you 30 instead of 20 presets, better access, and allows you to rebind your favorite keys to other keys.

SpeedHUD gives your speed and altitude, I slightly modified this one too so that placement is nicer (IMO; on my setup).

yep, i want all of that ;D thanks
  • i find these 2 have made killing more fun, the first gives a popup left of your crosshair when you kill someone or when you get killed, each time displaying the other guys name, which can be useful cause filtermsg sometimes cant keep up

and the second one plays the "ChaChing" sound whenever you kill someone, makes killing much more fun, of course you can edit the script and use any other sound..

killpopup: http://www.speedyshare.com/867403202.html
    killsound: http://www.speedyshare.com/498310615.html
    You can do this manually by holding the deploy key instead of just tapping until you get it right.
    You can do this manually by holding the deploy key instead of just tapping until you get it right.
    Not everybody has time to hold another key down.. :P
  • HalDeployer is much more efficient.
  • edited March 2009
    damn, where to start.

CenteredCC.cs -- autocenters the cc on your position
    Reroute.cs -- routes bottom & centerprint messages to the chat hud
    DelDSO.cs -- deletes dsos upon exit
    ClockHud.cs -- shows game time
    Killcount.cs -- small hud showing current amount of kills (mod of KillCapCounter)
    Resetzoom.cs -- resets zoom level to default after release
    AmmoHud.cs -- revised ammo, healthkit, grenades & mines hud (mod of MadAmmo)
    Cplbars.cs -- smaller, translucent health, energy, & heat bars
    FovFix.cs -- fixes a bug where your FOV is set back to 90 on respawn
    EvHideWep.cs -- hides sniper rifle & missle launcher when mounted
    3rdflag.cs -- switches to 3rd-person view and back on flag grab
    3rdzoom.cs -- automatically switches to 1st-person view if you are in 3rd when zooming
    HalBeaconInv.cs -- automatically deploys a marker-beacon when you deploy a remote inventory
    Playerwaypoint.cs -- creates waypoints to teammates
    KillTaunt.cs -- does a random local taunt whenever you get a kill
    Throw.cs -- tailgunner drop, ammo & kit toss (mod of MonkeyDropAll, DopeThrowAmmo, & HalThrowKit)

HalThirdInv.cs -- switches to 3rd-person view while you are in an inventory station
    DiscSpawn.cs -- automatically mounts the spinfusor upon spawn
    FrostyAutoRepair.cs -- automatically repairs when repair gun is mounted, no key-hold
    MuteNoVoicePack.cs -- mutes voicepacks
    MuteAll.cs -- mutes everything but chat (modded to strip chat keys)
    UberTimeHUD.cs -- shows the current time
    FrostyRepair.cs -- automatically uses scavenged repair packs if you are damaged
    Silence.cs -- mutes lobby hum, loading sounds, inventory & v-pad activation, & cc sounds
    HalChecker.cs -- allows access to community features in-game
    HalDeployer.cs -- shows green/red indicator over reticle when you have a deployable
    AutoLook.cs -- binds a single key for third person & freelook
    UberGameGUI.cs -- joins a server on doubleclick
    TeamCount.cs -- small hud showing number of players on each team
    QGunCam.cs -- combination killshot/screenshot script

and HudManager to make put it all in place.

I'm old with arthritis settin in. aint got time to push all them damn buttons.

i took all this crap and put it into 2 .cs files, stripped out all the stuff i didnt need to compact it. took a month to make it work right. but it works.

2ykcj83.png
    ultra-fast combat with a laser will let you make shots like this without zoomin. that and luck.
  • wow those are some bad ass mods/scripts... I am going to be very busy downloading after work tonight hahah... KEEP THEM COMING!!!!
  • Ok, I havent done this in a while, so im going to ask a very noob question. Vl2 Files go where? The Base folder? Gui? hmm...
  • ~/GameData/base/*.vl2
    Standalone *.cs scripts go in ~/GameData/base/scripts/autoexec
  • Hmm, Why is it that my gui remains the same? I cant seem to replace the current with anything, such as http://www.tribaloutpost.com/download/style/black-n-blue
  • I've found that extracting texture replacements to the file structure of /base works every time. *.vl2 packaged texture replacements don't always agree with me for some reason.
  • damn, where to start.

CenteredCC.cs -- autocenters the cc on your position
    Reroute.cs -- routes bottom & centerprint messages to the chat hud
    DelDSO.cs -- deletes dsos upon exit
    ClockHud.cs -- shows game time
    Killcount.cs -- small hud showing current amount of kills (mod of KillCapCounter)
    Resetzoom.cs -- resets zoom level to default after release
    AmmoHud.cs -- revised ammo, healthkit, grenades & mines hud (mod of MadAmmo)
    Cplbars.cs -- smaller, translucent health, energy, & heat bars
    FovFix.cs -- fixes a bug where your FOV is set back to 90 on respawn
    EvHideWep.cs -- hides sniper rifle & missle launcher when mounted
    3rdflag.cs -- switches to 3rd-person view and back on flag grab
    3rdzoom.cs -- automatically switches to 1st-person view if you are in 3rd when zooming
    HalBeaconInv.cs -- automatically deploys a marker-beacon when you deploy a remote inventory
    Playerwaypoint.cs -- creates waypoints to teammates
    KillTaunt.cs -- does a random local taunt whenever you get a kill
    Throw.cs -- tailgunner drop, ammo & kit toss (mod of MonkeyDropAll, DopeThrowAmmo, & HalThrowKit)

HalThirdInv.cs -- switches to 3rd-person view while you are in an inventory station
    DiscSpawn.cs -- automatically mounts the spinfusor upon spawn
    FrostyAutoRepair.cs -- automatically repairs when repair gun is mounted, no key-hold
    MuteNoVoicePack.cs -- mutes voicepacks
    MuteAll.cs -- mutes everything but chat (modded to strip chat keys)
    UberTimeHUD.cs -- shows the current time
    FrostyRepair.cs -- automatically uses scavenged repair packs if you are damaged
    Silence.cs -- mutes lobby hum, loading sounds, inventory & v-pad activation, & cc sounds
    HalChecker.cs -- allows access to community features in-game
    HalDeployer.cs -- shows green/red indicator over reticle when you have a deployable
    AutoLook.cs -- binds a single key for third person & freelook
    UberGameGUI.cs -- joins a server on doubleclick
    TeamCount.cs -- small hud showing number of players on each team
    QGunCam.cs -- combination killshot/screenshot script

and HudManager to make put it all in place.

I'm old with arthritis settin in. aint got time to push all them damn buttons.

i took all this crap and put it into 2 .cs files, stripped out all the stuff i didnt need to compact it. took a month to make it work right. but it works.

would you mind packing all these cs files into a rar and uploading?
    i know that most are easy to find but some are not, for example i found tons of killstats scripts but no killcount..
  • killcount is zKillCapCounter.vl2 with the flag cap part stripped out. i rarely cap, so i dont need to keep track of em. but i do like to know how many heads ive blown off. its why i play the game. youd be better off just searcing through your scripts folder for keywords for the script you want and trying them out yourself. ie: 'flag' for flag scripts, "time" or "clock" for time scripts, "kill" for kill scripts, etc. itd take me an hour to cut out all this stuff and paste it into individual cs files. and most of it wouldnt work for you because some of its dependant on having other files in your install. (graphics, sounds, prefs, etc) do yourself a favor and ftp the whole slingshots repository. that way you can use windows search and it'll help you narrow your searches down alot.
  • I downloaded and installed all of those scripts and I lost the icon that turns red whenever im on the enemy sensor network. how do i get it back?
  • Is there a mod that will have a window listing team assests (turrets, sensors, deployables) and their repair status? I'd like to keep an eye on my farm without having to go to the CC etc.
  • RodentFarmerHud.cs

EngineersHUD.vl2
  • I found EngineersHUD via google but where can I check out/download RodentFarmerHud? The only real site I know of for scripts is TribalOutpost but it didnt seem to have either (search program is wacky). Any others?
  • i have support.vl2

I have installed rodenthud properly and it is NOT updating whenever turrets are deployed. Please offer advice.
  • Stix please link me to reroute.cs
  • had to find a host. here ya go. now, i havent ever tried rodents script, so i cant vouch for it.

Reroute.cs is actually a combo i made from loucyphers bottomprint.cs and centerprint.cs

heres a mediafire link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=574a5c29145e4ecb8ef1259ff1b60e81e04e75f6e8ebb871
  • i use a lot of stuff

kret.jsut.vl2 - runars updated kret updated with the classic weapon physics.
    observerhud.vl2 - kesh and nightmare's observerhud, i don't use it much anymore, but it was useful for my brief attempt at t2tv
    retbomber.vl2 - the the bomber ret as the pilot
    ubergotflat - uberguy put a prettier gui onto a script i wrote for ^_ScAr_^ a million years ago, i use his. it just makes a box show when you have the flag.
    dioblasterthrow - fuck the blaster
    dioflagcall - grab speed and shit
    droppedtimer - show's time till flag returns
    fastfreelook - one key for third/freelook
    haldeployer - previously mentioned
    halthirdinv - go into third person on invs
    halthrowkit - bind throw kit
    playerwaypoint - waypoints are fun
    jsutwaypoint - same
    reversesniper - fire on keyup with sniper
    uberfaves - fixes a bug with pack/grenade changing
    uberfov - set fov
    uberzoom - more zoom levels or something
    and of course vgta.cs
  • Beautiful, Stix.
  • I would love to NOT use PJ's scripts (as they cause problems more often then not) but as far as I can tell, nobody's made a good replacement for Superchat (separate all forms of chat into four different windows, most especially team / global chat).

Also, PJ's MegaFaves - mod-based favorites are pretty much a MUST.
  • http://www.chaingunned.org/sling/Ilys_Scripts/uberChatMod.vl2

i know this will let you split the chathud into 2 huds at least, one for global and one for team chat. i THINK it will let you put system messages into a hud too. All hudmanager movable too. got a coupla other options too like setting how many lines of chat in a hud, muting voices, some other things. get the ilys remix.
  • bumping this instead of making a new topic...

im looking for a siple script that mutes all audio communications so that i can hear cloakers when im in the enemy base.

the following script does almost what i want but it not only mutes the sound it also gets rid of the text in the chat which i want to keep. it also only mutes global chat but i want to mute team chat as well but keep all the text in the chat.

heres the script, maybe someone can do a quick edit, id aprechiate it:
    // #autoload
    // #name = GlobalMute
    // #author = Tim Tejsner
    // #warrior = Da_Timsta
    // #email = i removed this
    // #web = http://da-timsta.soo.dk/
    // #describtion = Mutes global chat on a keypress

$GlobalMute = false;

function GlobalToggle(%val)
    {
    	if(%val)
    		clientCmdBottomPrint("global text" SPC (($GlobalMute = !$GlobalMute) ? "muted" : "unmuted"), 2, 1);
    }

package timMute
    {
    	function clientCmdChatMessage(%sender, %voice, %pitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10)
    	{	
    		if(($GlobalMute) && (strstr(detag(%msgString), "\c3")))
    			return mute;

parent::clientCmdChatMessage(%sender, %voice, %pitch, %msgString, %a1, %a2, %a3, %a4, %a5, %a6, %a7, %a8, %a9, %a10);
    	}

// setting toggle key
    	function OptionsDlg::onWake(%this)
    	{
    		if(!$EncryptKeys)
    		{
    			$RemapName[$RemapCount]="Global Mute";
    			$RemapCmd[$RemapCount]="GlobalToggle";
    			$RemapCount++;

$EncryptKeys = true;		
    		}

parent::onWake(%this);