[Input] Site proposals...

Comments

• Some suggested PJ's scripts and they had some rather comprehensive stats, if those could be exported/captured somehow
  • We're all gamers here, can we get a forum dedicated to non Tribes 2 games? Maybe with a "free games" subforum?

There's some quality freeware indie stuff out there, and I've got quite a list. I've noticed a couple Penny-Arcade guys over here too, I'm sure they'd be happy to contribute.
  • nwb question how can i cr8 a new account?
  • When you start Tribes2 you go through the intro or just click out of that then you will reach a panel that says retrieve account(a pull down box) and a button saying login, one saying create a new account, click that one and follow the instructions. It should be known that you can only have 5 accounts registered at one IP address and can only create one every seven days.

• It's going to happen. But yeah, you're right. We'll just post it in the general section instead of attempting a little organization.
  • next therell be an anime section
  • How bout where we can find the rules for the forums? That might be helpful, last I heard there weren't any. If there are now, maybe we could have a topic specifically for rules.
  • Coding section.
  • Coding section.
    Hi Alviss! XD

when will the clan stuff be in TN? Tribes Bouncer is a terrible solution.
  • Coding section.
    Hi Alviss! XD

You're only saying that about bouncer because you got muted for trolling on their forum. :P
  • edited February 2009
    Coding section.
    Hi Alviss! XD

You're only saying that about bouncer because you got muted for trolling on their forum. :P

haha.

Demon, i have no clue.

And, no, it is a terrible solution. From what i've seen, it's a hacky and script-kiddish solution at best. This is of course, just my opinion, i suggest people try it out themselves, but i won't be using it.
  • edited February 2009
    Can the European community get a specific subforum? The playerbase is still too small to constantly host a good CTF-server and therefore, some players have related to hold meetings and cups. However, they've organised themselves on some Dutch forum (see Runite's post) and I'm afraid that not every European player will find the way there or wants to check posts both on TribesNext and there (as me for example).
    So as a solution, I suggest a European subforum and since I've just learned that the guys on that Dutch website don't run their games over the TribesNext masterserver I candidate as moderator.
  • Coding section.
    Hi Alviss! XD

lol, well yeah.
    Nice to know i can troll here XD
    lol jk
  • Krash, can you raise the maximum number of messages sent simultaneously through the site from 10 to 20? or at least 16? I communicate with my team-mates via the site and currently have 16 team members.

Thanks.
  • just an idea what about automatic membership to these forums when people register there t2 name. maybe go as far as stats. ::)
  • Just a small suggestion, it would be handy if we could sort the 'view servers' list the way we can sort in-game. Thank you.
  • Just a small suggestion, it would be handy if we could sort the 'view servers' list the way we can sort in-game. Thank you.
    You can, in Opera...
    The other browsers (FF, Chrome, etc) seem to either handle javascript or rendering differently.
  • I was just wondering if we get enough players on ninja mod to have a section for the mod? the reason not to create a new forum and split the player count. prefer to keep everything centralised.
  • This is very minor, but something I noticed nuntheless. I'm not sure if you can or want to do it or not, but in the messages section, there should be a delete all option. I had like 100 messgaes and had to go through a few pages deleting one page at a time, but a delete all would just make it easier.
  • This is very minor, but something I noticed nuntheless. I'm not sure if you can or want to do it or not, but in the messages section, there should be a delete all option. I had like 100 messgaes and had to go through a few pages deleting one page at a time, but a delete all would just make it easier.
    Just select that checkbox next to the From label (top of overview list), and then hit the Delete Selected button...
  • In reply to Turkeh, tahts what i was saying. When you hvae multiple pages of deleting to do, u have to click that button on each page. It would just be nice to have it so you can delete all messages at once. It's very minor, and doesn't really bother me, but for people who have hundreds of messages, it makes a difference.
  • Go to Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences and modify "show quick moderation as checkboxes". This will allow you to delete posts en masse.
  • At the View Servers list.. you know, usually it's IE that screws JS up, not Firefox. Is it custom written code from scratch or built on a library of some kind or...

Seems odd to me that it would work one way in Opera but different in the others.
  • Implementation of a stats system to track player kills, caps, rapes etc.

That would be sick. Link profile name to warrior name, and track stats with a script you can download. I hope it wouldn't take much work to make this...
  • I know this isn't a site request, more like a mod request...but someone asked me to post this here

In the next RC, I'd really love to see the ability for scripters to be able to get their players current

Damage
    Energy
    Heat

So we can build custom GUIs that look better than the standard ones that come with T2.
    Please let me know if this is possible, thx.
    Jeff
  • Could we have alternate forum color schemes available via the user c/p? some of us prefer dark text on light backgrounds.
  • How about a 'new posts' feature or 'posts last 24 hours'. Always nice to see where other folks are focusing there attention.