Unhandled Exception c000013a

*Unhandled Exception (Pop-up)

Unhandled exception: c000013a
At address: b7e203ef ; b7e953ef ; b7f033ef ; b7e193ef (Varies every time wine is run...)

*Wine Readout
bash-3.1$ wine Tribes2.exe -online
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7ed5cfb8 "?" wait timed out in thread 001a, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7ed5cfb8 "?" wait timed out in thread 001a, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)

*Description of Problem:
I install Tribes 2 from this site. It works (at the log in screen), and I click to log in, but of course the original Server Listing was shut down by Vivendi... so I can't log in with my original account (that was made o so long ago...).

I run the patch and try to run it again, but I get the UE and Wine readout shown above. Wine continues to try every 60 seconds till I quit it with Ctrl+C and THEN I get the Unhandled Exception. I'm not sure why it's happening, and there's nothing about it on this site or on the Wine site.

It says ntdll somewhere in there, so I tried replacing ntdll.dll with a Windows version, but still no solution.

*I'm using Wine version wine-1.1.5 on Linux Slackware 12.1 .

Operating System: Linux-x86
NVIDIA Driver Version: 180.60 (Most recent)
GPUs: GeForce 8800 GTS (GPU 0)
VBIOS Version: 60.80.18.00.01
V-Memory: 320 MB

Bus Type: PCI Express 16X
GPU Clock: 513 Mhz
Memory Clock: 792

CPU: Gigabyte S-series, Intel Core 2 Quad GA-P35-DS3
FSB 1333 Support ; DDR2 1066

RAM: 2 Gb

Wine configured to: Windows XP & OSS Audio

(I doubt much of this will help, but it was recommended to give plenty of specific info... -_-').

Comments

• TribesNext RC2 currently doesn't work with Wine. RC1E does, however, you can only make accounts with RC2 and above currently.

You'll have to ask someone on IRC to make an account for you.
  • Thank you tremendously! It seems to work now. I'll get an account using the IRC asap.

And if anyone else has the problem, just trim the URL for the patch download to get old versions, in case you don't know where to get them.

http://www.tribesnext.com/files/