[Question/Request]Altering 3rd person view

I'm a complete and utter newbie, so I don't even know how feasible any of this is. I also understand that most people either won't read this, or if they will won't be terribly interested. To be specific I want to know if its possible to alter how third person view works so the camera will face the front of the armor (at a distance so zoom can be used to get closer shots, say possibly at about a hundred and fifty meters away as a default), and invert the controls (forward is back, left is right) so that I can hit the same buttons and go in the same directions.

Why? By next week longstanding issues locally should either be resolved, or on their way to being resolved, and this is a project I've wanted to try working with for awhile. Why not just get a second player and act as a cameraman once I figure out how to remove the hud elements? I'm working under the idea that not many other people (if any) would be interested enough to donate warm bodies to what I have in mind, and since i don't have anything specific written I figure I might as well try finding a way to shoot as much as I can by myself and work around what I can manage to do without trying to arrange meetings, hand out scripts, and the like.

Anyone feeling generous?

Comments

• theres a script that lets you look behind per button, dunno if you can zoom while looking behind though
  • Free Look allows you to change your perspective in third person view. You can look at the front of your armor, etc. It's built directly into Tribes 2.
  • Free Look allows you to change your perspective in third person view. You can look at the front of your armor, etc. It's built directly into Tribes 2.

the problem is that the players face always faces away from the camera, so no close-up.
  • Taking control of turrets allows for other angles, but controlling anything means you can't move. Additionally you can use the editor to move the camera, but if the camera is not bound to the player you, again, cannot move. However in that instance you CAN use voice binds and animations.
  • It would be nice if you could move the camera around during the demo playback. that would solve all these problems.
  • Seems what I did was merely edit an existing keybind save file that could then be selected. Havne't tested it yet since I had to fill in the blanks on alot of stuff, but it seems like it would work. I'll let everyone know later this afternoon if the end results are satasfactory.
  • True, but your head always is turned to one side when you do this, and i need to be able to have both freedom to look around, and preferably to mirror the controls whenever this script is activated so that I can run around without having to worry about which key moves where.