ECM Fixin

Anyone on the job of trying to get ECM workin w/ TN? Miss the shenanigans of people blurting out various sound effects and voice changing.

Comments

• Are you having the problem of the editor hud not showing up and not being able to talk in game?
  • Are you having the problem of the editor hud not showing up and not being able to talk in game?

Yes, everything is broken save for the pitch slider, which functions properly. Upon entering a game it comes up that my ECM voice files or whatnot may be corrupted or hacked, and therefore the voice is set to null and I am unable to even open up the voice menu let alone speak anything.

I have also heard from others that ECM simply doesn't work right now.
  • Yeah, that's why i asked you such a specific question, Im having the same problem. I did figure out one way to get it kindof working: set the keybinds for switching your voice, and when you join a server, toggle it up, then toggle it down, so you go back to your original voice. You can use the original modified voices, but the hud mysteriously dissapearing pretty much makes it impossible (in game for that matter) to change those, or use the crazy ones easily. I'm sad now. Also i miss UberZoom, but i dont think that is actually a problem.
  • thank god thought is was just me .
  • Well, some people were saying they though Thyth deliberately killed Tracer ECM or something, so I decided to take a look at why it stopped working. Both TN and Tracer packaged DispatchLaunchMode(). I wrote a fix so that Tracer does not require packaging that function, and also made the chat menu position itself correctly. The fixes were pretty simple, and Thyth did not purposely make Tracer ECM not function.

Fixed VL2 attached.

PS: If this unleashes a flood of chat spam... don't blame me.
  • Wonderful. Much obliged.
  • Excellent. Thanks a lot. It was really bothering me 0_o
  • Well, some people were saying they though Thyth deliberately killed Tracer ECM or something, so I decided to take a look at why it stopped working. Both TN and Tracer packaged DispatchLaunchMode(). I wrote a fix so that Tracer does not require packaging that function, and also made the chat menu position itself correctly. The fixes were pretty simple, and Thyth did not purposely make Tracer ECM not function.
    Since you brought this up I decided to take a look at Krash's script code.
    function DispatchLaunchMode()
    {
    if ($LaunchMode $= "Normal") { PlayOnline(); return; }
    parent::DispatchLaunchMode();
    }
    "Normal" is the default $LaunchMode, set in console_start.cs. Unless you're using one of the parameters that changes this, like "-dedicated", then it will always be "Normal" when the client calls DispatchLaunchMode().

The problem is that he's calling PlayOnline() and then doing a return without letting parent::DispatchLaunchMode() get called. What this means is that every script that loads AFTER t2csri_list.cs will not have its packaged modifications to DispatchLaunchMode() performed. This function is used quite frequently for setting up defaults and loading saved settings.

It's why my QuickMenu script worked fine (alphabetically BEFORE t2csri_list.cs) and Tracer's script didn't (whatever it's named is alphabetically AFTER t2csri_list.cs).

This is an oversight that could probably be corrected if Krash removed the return in his packaged DispatchLaunchMode. The way it is now will break a lot of scripts.
  • The latest version of the patch fixes this anyways, so it's not a problem anymore.

Thanks anyways Naosyth.
  • Well, at least this one's voice menu shows all new binds :)
  • okay well my ecm has been fine the only problem is that my animations make no sounds. i have no clue how to go about fixing it.
    anybody know anything about that?
    thanks.
    phoenix
  • edited May 2009
    If you use TracerECM, your animations will have no sound if you run in Null-String Voice Mode due to the way Tribes 2 works.
  • If you use TracerECM, your animations will have to sound if you run in Null-String Voice Mode due to the way Tribes 2 works.
    er, what?
  • If you use TracerECM, your animations will have to sound if you run in Null-String Voice Mode due to the way Tribes 2 works.
    er, what?
    VGQ >:(
  • Hello.

I tried to download this but I don't know where to put it, I use Mozilla Firefox so settings are different then Windows Explorer. I really want to download it, so if you can help, I would be grateful.
  • The .vl2 goes in your tribes2/gamedata/base folder.
  • The .vl2 goes in your tribes2/gamedata/base folder.
    Hello.

That's the problem, I don't know how to put it there.
    (It's my first time downloading a mod that doesn't have a built in installation.)
  • This thread is about the script called TracerECM, not the mod ECM.

Put your "construction" folder in your tribes2/gamedata folder and run the (hopefully) included shortcuts.
  • ok i posted new threads and no one can help me so i have to post an old one to get help
    i cant get my voice packs to show up in ECM what am i doing wrong?