Tribes 2 competition tips

2»

Comments

• Some common sense:

DO WHAT THE CAPTAIN SAYS. In a pub you decide yourself... in a tournament your team has a captain. You can suggest to change the strategy but you can't run from HD to LO just because you'r bored at your current position or you feel that you should be doing something else. If ppl start to rebel during a game - the team loses in a instant.

KILLS AND SCORE ARE NOT that IMPORTANT. You won't go fraghunting simply because you don't seem to get much kills on your position. It wont make you popular if you have a high kill count but totaly fail to do what you were told to do. You kill only that what hinders you at completing your task. If you see a enemy pass by then you shoot 1-2 shots after him but you won't turn around and waste time chaising him down.

THE GAME IS ABOUT THE FLAG... so you don't run to repair the base turret when either your flag lyes in front of you undefended or the enemy flag has been droped near you. You won't abandon your position... you just go get the flag and pass it to a teammate who's in charge for the flag or you try to shoot whatever you can @ the enemy flag carrier if he's still in range. After that you return to what you were doing.

I would say these are the 3 most important things you have to keep in mind @ a tournament. If you do that then you can't screw up too bad.
  • Carry a chaingun. The instant your flag leaves the ground you rev that baby up and start firing at the carrier from wherever you are while going about your business. Never underestimate the killing power of even a few people taking potshots with a chaingun on their way out the door.
  • A lot of people playing competition now suck. Some dont. Watch demos.
  • Chaingun is the best weapon in this game. Always chaingun. Dont stop using chaingun. It is = to the jab in boxing.
  • Is there many competitive oppotunites for those outside the USA like in Britain?
  • Possibly, there is a small Euro community.

The best thing you can do is move to the central US though.
  • hm2 is not too disruptive to a game like base or classic, but ruins ultra and ren easily

the aimbot in it is likewise mostly worthless no matter what mod
  • "Carry a chaingun. The instant your flag leaves the ground you rev that baby up and start firing at the carrier from wherever you are while going about your business. Never underestimate the killing power of even a few people taking potshots with a chaingun on their way out the door."

lol yeah i always smile when i see 12 chainguns open up on a capper as he runs away like a little girl
  • "Carry a chaingun. The instant your flag leaves the ground you rev that baby up and start firing at the carrier from wherever you are while going about your business. Never underestimate the killing power of even a few people taking potshots with a chaingun on their way out the door."

lol yeah i always smile when i see 12 chainguns open up on a capper as he runs away like a little girl
    or somehow cheat and pull a nuke (from construction) out of ur ass and lock on :P

or somehow cheat and pull a nuke (from construction) out of ur ass and lock on :P
    Or the widowmaker from Trimph mod.

Widowmaker is no where near as big as the nukes from Construction.

Widowmaker is no where near as big as the nukes from Construction.

MD2 Nuke?
  • stop talking about retardedly unbalanced weapons in a thread about t2 competition tips
  • yeh
    cuz t2 comp is serious