Work in progress.

These forums are still being finished up, and aren't widely used yet.  With the release of the patch, people will be encouraged to sign up, but for now it's just you and me here.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them.  Or, if you're having any issues with the game itself, there's a pretty good chance we could help you out.  Just ask.

In the mean time, check in at The-Construct for the development thread.

Comments

• I think we need an update on the Status of the new Servers
  • I think we need an update on the Status of the new Servers

I think you should join the IRC channel.

irc.Arloria.net -- #Tribes
  • Why did you decide to make a forum specifically for TribesNEXT, instead of directing it to a board at The Construct Forums?

~Syn~
  • Cause Krash is cool like that.
  • The construction forums are for a pretty specific community, and these will be geared towards more general discussion of the game. Also, it's better to have these integrated with the site, and that couldn't really be done with those forums.

Phantom: Current release projection is Friday.
  • I hope so, TWM doesn't like LAN games, It just UE's every time It gets to the point where players can join in. AND YES, I do have a working patched exe.
  • [glow=red,2,300]Hello![/glow]
    Im here
  • The forums are neat :D
  • Hey!
    Nice Forum
    How close are we to using tribesnext?
  • Apparently very, if The-Construct.net is any indication.
  • Nice forums.
    :):)
  • im excited please finish soon :) i wanna play t2 so bad
  • The construction forums are for a pretty specific community, and these will be geared towards more general discussion of the game. Also, it's better to have these integrated with the site, and that couldn't really be done with those forums.

Phantom: Current release projection is Friday.

It's Sunday Now.
  • Yes, but I believe Thyth said that countless release days have come and gone so it isn't very surprising, no offense to anyone...
  • It's generally not a good idea for coders to set their own release dates. They almost always underestimate the amount of time because they generally don't take into consideration the random unforeseen errors that are bound to pop up and don't factor in their own perfectionism regarding how it's coded. Time for testing is usually factored in, but the amount of time set aside for that is usually assuming that no errors are found. If any are found, that will throw off the date. Plus, it's not like he's gonna get in trouble if he gives us a release date too soon.

Err, yeah, basically what I am trying to say is, it'll get done eventually.
  • Hello everyone! Pure boredom has brought me here. I, Lyra, am so bored. I dont have any new games yet! I can't wait until i get my Xbox 360.
  • When the server is up, im going to be on it the whole day it comes up.
  • It's Tuesday Now.
  • Woooo!
    btw (this is deadsoldier. XD)
  • Then why didn't you make deadsoldier your name instead of Tribes2Player?
  • That is a little strange, and very generic ;P
  • Deadsoldier likes to be collateral.
  • I hope everyone gets on this site, and signs on.
  • Because I like this name, I couldn't think of any other. I don't want deadsoldier because that's not gonna be my new tribes 2 name. 8) 8)
  • i would sure hope you dont consider using that when the servers go live :) rather bland dontcha think?
  • edited November 2008
    I know you don't want to hear it (or maybe you do), but there may be a delay of a few more days as the back-end is taking longer than expected and Thyth is busy with his studies.

Projects like this do tend to take time, and it's only a few more days, so try to be patient. Keep an eye out this weekend.

In the mean-time, there are a few smurf servers up on various alternate master scripts, hopefully those can tide you over until we get online.
  • I'm going to abandon all hope of this being done if it isn't up by Saturday.

BTW, it's Wednesday now.
  • >:(
    :(
    :o
    :-(

Why dont you host P-con phant
  • There's no call to be such a negative nancy, Phantom. I don't know if you fully realize this, but all the work is being done for free. As much as we might like to, we can't exactly toss out pre-existing obligations to work or education on a whim.

I have some free time right now, but if it had been a few weeks down the line I may not have had much at all. If you need some help debugging your mod to get it running on the temporary alts, send it over and I'll have a look.

By the way, I think most people know what day it is, you don't need to remind them. I could enable the calendar function on the forums if it's that important to you.